[AARA] tower project

w5ew at comcast.net w5ew at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 09:27:22 CST 2010

Hi Dave,
The hardware bolts/nuts can be had at any local hardware like Lowe's or Home Depot. Both even have stainless steel which is what I have used. The big bolt/nuts are 1/2 inch and the small are 7/16 inch. Stainless at Lowe's or Home Depot will hit you a big $ so it is best to order them from either DX Engineering or Array Solutions. The last time I bought any I paid $4.95 per leg + shipping.

As for the Phillystran, I have heard it is good but I have NOT ever used it. Depending on your situation, I would think that the heavier Phillystran would work good for heights of 80 feet or less. Talk to some of the fellows associated with W5WMU as I am sure they would have a good knowledge concerning the use of Phillystran.

Good luck with your tower work.

73
Ray Husher W5EW
Delta Division Assistant Director