[AARA] WA5LQZ Alan Levine SK

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 3 20:09:48 CST 2011

*Alan WA5LQZ SK*

Alan WA5LQZ became SK about noon today.  Funeral arrangements are
pending.  I will let you know as soon as our friends in Lake Charles
pass on the information.

  73
Gary K5GLS
ARRL Louisiana Section Manager

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*/Hello Fellow Ham Friends,/*
*//*
*/It was with great sorrow just now as I learned that my dear friend,
Alan Levine WA5LQZ has become a "Silent Key".  I have know Alan for lots
of years and he was always ready and willing to give assistance and to
offer good sound advise as various issues would pop up.  We have lost a
great man that will certainly be missed by the entire ham community.
Likewise, he will be missed by his family and all his loved ones in the
community where he lived./*
*/73/*
*/Jim (N5NVP)/*
*/Cell # 337-344-1725
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Levine WA5LQZ SK

Some of our AARA members probably remember Alan, he attended some of our
club meetings and lectured about ARES and Digital Communications he was
an EXPERT when it came to these fields.  He was a devoted amateur
operator and a few years ago he received the "Ham of the Year Award" for
the ARRL Louisiana Section.  When a disaster arose, he was always there
to help out even when his health was failing.  We will miss him
greatly.  Our prayers go out to Alan and his Family.

I will send out e-mails on funeral arrangements as soon as I get them.

Herman
KN5GRK
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/*

*Balloon Launch Attempt*

Hi All

Although it will be on the cool side Saturday the CAPE team will launch
it high  altitude balloon at approximately 8 am in Lake Charles with
landing around White Castle at approximately 10:30. You can view the
progress by going to http://www.wulfden.org/APRSQuery.shtml in the call
sign box type *ke5vym-11. * Please come visit us on Saturday in the Lab
room 144 in Madison Hall at UL of L.  We have posted a few new pictures
on the web http://ulcape.org/

Jin and Joe please turn on the Echolink and I gate and come join us find
the balloon. The  APRS beacon will be 144.39 MHZ with the hi speed link
on 435.000 Mhz

During the launch feel free to call me on by cell see number below.

Thanks
NickK5QXJ
Office   337 593 8700
Cell      337 258 2527

*Helping UL become a world Class Engineering  and Educational School
*

**Indiana Department of Homeland Security requests that 3.920 MHz be
kept clear. The IDHS RACES net is active for the winter storm and
providing emergency communication.