[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jan 2 14:14:38 CST 2011

*Members of the AARA hope that all had a "Merry Christmas" & "Happy New
Year".  May 2011 be full of good Health, Wealth, Prosperity and Fun!*

The January 2011 issue of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc.
(AARA) is now on line under new editorship.  Galen Wilson KF5BET did a
fine job as the new editor.  The LARC (past and present issues in Adobe
.PDF format) can be found at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/

The January 2011 AARA General Meeting will be held on Thursday, January
6th @ 7:00 PM at the Red Cross Building, 101 N. Pat St, Scott,
Louisiana.  At this meeting, the nominating committee for officers for
the year 2011-2012 will give their report, nominations will also be
taken from the floor.  Elections held at the February meeting.
Installation of new officers will be at the March meeting (held after
the Rayne Hamfest.  Also, Grant KF5CNU will announce the top check-ins
for the AARA Monday Night Net.  Herman KN5GRK will have some special
presentations.
VE Testing will be at 6:00 PM before the meeting.

Also, Herman Campbell KN5GRK, was awarded the ARRL Louisiana Section
"Ham of the Year" for all he has done.  Check out the ARRL Louisiana
Section website for the article at:

http://www.laarrl.org/feature_page9.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a article that was delayed in getting to the LARC Editor in time
for publication in the LARC newsletter.
*Programming Notes*
by Archie Hill W5AG, AARA Vice President

The December QST gave the results from the June 2010 Field Day.  In
looking over the results I notice W3AO, MDC Section, won the overall
competition with 33,452 points.  I gave a short presentation at our
August meeting using MS Powerpoint prepared by this group. The best
finish for a Delta Division club (24th nationally) was posted by K5UZ,
Batesville, AR, with 12,648 points.  This club finished first in the
Delta Division. Additional places within the Division include:
#5 W5ZR, 9,278 pts., St. Martinville
#8 K5SL, 7,386 pts., Shreveport
#9 W5EA, 7,262 pts., Monroe
#15 K5ARC, 5,064 pts., Ascension ARC
#27 W5RD, 3,480 pts., Minden
#29 W5BII, 3,004 pts., SW LA Am Rptr Club
#40 W5DDL 2,128 pts., Acadiana ARA

What would be a reasonable goal for Acadiana ARA for 2011? If we are
able to double our score from 2010 perhaps we could make the top 25 list
for the division.  We operated 1A in 2010. Perhaps with some planning
(another antenna tower? Moving from 2 to 4 competent CW ops? We could
attain this goal.  I am willing to work on the antennas but will be
unable to be overall Field Day Chairman due to a schedule conflict.  I
hope a motivated person will step up to volunteer for this important
club leadership position.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those club members
who made a presentation during our 2010 meeting schedule, including:
Nick Pugh K5QXJ (May and November), Larry LeBlanc KE5KJD (June), Fred
Marshall W5MLE (July), and Jim Bookter N5NVP (September).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official SELARC Logo

*/Make Plans Now to attend/*

*/Hammond Hamfest 2011 !!/*

Link to ARRL <http://www.arrl.org/> *
DELTA DIVISION*

	*/SELARC Repeaters
/*147.000 (-600) WB5NET PL 107.2 -*Talk-in *
145.130 (-600) WB5NET  PL 107.2
444.250 (+5) WB5NET PL 107.2

/Celebrating Amateur Radio !/

Delta Division Convention &

30_^th _ Annual HAMMOND HAMFEST

*/SATURDAY, JANUARY 8, 2011   SLU UNIVERSITY CENTER /*

*/800 W. University Avenue, 1 & 3/4 miles east of I-55 Exit 32/*

*/
FREE admission and FREE parking/*

*Doors Open 8:00am  -  Grand Prize Drawing 1:30pm*

Hourly Prize Drawings

VE Session (Room 133, Downstairs Section 7):

*8:30am: *Registration Begins - Test Fee $15 cash, photo ID, copy of
license or CSCE

  Testing Begins Following Registration.

Forums  (Room 203B, Concourse Section 1):

*9**:00 - 10:00pm: *QRP ARCI Forum**
LARRY JONESK5ZRK, QRP_ARCI <mailto:LDJones123 at bellsouth.net>

*10:00 - 11:00am: *YLRL Forum**
BETTY JO BYRD KB5CSQ, YLRL District 5 Chairman <mailto:Bettyjobyrd at aol.com>

*11:00am - 12:30pm: *ARRL Forum**
DAVE SUMNER K1ZZ, ARRL Chief Executive Officer
MICKEY COX K5MC,  Delta Division Director <mailto:k5mc at arrl.org>
GARY STRATTON K5GLS,  LA Section Manager <mailto:k5gls at arrl.org>
JIM COLEMAN AI5B,  LA ARES SEC <mailto:ai5b at arrl.net>

Dealers &  Displays <http://www.selarc.org/Vendorapplication.doc>

Click either line to download Application

Swap Tables <http://www.selarc.org/Hamfesttables.doc>

  /***  Main Prize Drawings /***

*Grand Prize *

*Icom IC-718 HF Transceiver (160 - 10 Meters) 100W, 101 Memory Channels*

*Receiver DSP, Front Panel Speaker, Digital S/RF Meter*

*Second Prize*

Icom IC-208HDual Band  55W VHF / 50W UHF Mobile Xcvr

*Wideband Receive, Detachable Front Panel, 500 Memory Channels*

*Third Prize*

Icom IC-V80002 Meter FM 75W Mobile Xcvr, 207 Memory Channels

Front Panel Speaker, Weather Alert Scan, DTMF Encoder

*Fourth Prize*

Icom IC-V80Sport 2 Meter FM 5W Handheld, 207 Memory Channels

  Weather Alert Scan, CTCSS/DTCS, Uses 6 AA Alkaline Batteries

Want to see the Prizes? Just click here.
<http://www.icomamerica.com/en/amateur/>

  Questions?

Contact Tyrone Burns, N5XES <mailto:n5xes at arrl.net>, Table Manager or
Any SELARC Officer!!!