[AARA] AARA 2011 Hamfest - Rayne, Louisiana

Roland Guidry rguidry at na5q.us
Mon Jan 10 13:59:08 CST 2011

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association will hold its 51st Annual Hamfest on
March 11th and March 12th, 2011 in Rayne, Louisiana.

Our hamfest schedule will be the same as last year, since it accommodates
the ham community. The Hamfest will be open to the general public and ham
community at 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Friday, March 11th and again at 8:00
a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Saturday, March 12th. Vendors, dealers, swap tables and
flea markets can begin setup from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Friday and 7:00
a.m. until 8:00 a.m. Saturday.

Many of our participants have RV's. We welcome them in the City of Rayne's
700+ RV site next to our hamfest center. No reservations are required and
the sites can accommodate 30 amp. or 50 amp. Camping with water and sewage
connection or dump available. So come early and leave late, to visit the
area and enjoy the fine foods and attractions.

Please visit our web site www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/ for more information.

We will be having our annual Crawfish Boil with the popular Fais-Do-Do and
dancing. Due to the high cost of crawfish at this time of year, we ask that
those interested in attending the Crawfish Boil, pre-register no later than
by February 20th, so we can lock in the price and quantity of crawfish to
must purchase. The price of crawfish this year will get you 4 lbs. of the
delectable's, plus potato and corn. There is no guarantee that Crawfish Boil
servings will be available on Friday, March 11th. Any crawfish remaining
after 6:30 pm Friday will be sold on a first come first sold basis. This
year the Rayne Lions Club will be furnishing all of the food and drinks.
They will have many items to choose from and the proceeds from this goes to
their charitable projects, please support them.

We look forward to seeing each of you this year.

Remember, the deadline to pre-register or order your crawfish for the boiled
crawfish is February 20, 2011. A pre-registration form is attached for your
convenience.

Happy New Years, 73

Roland, NA5Q
Hamfest Chairperson

If you are a dealer or vendor, now is the time to request your tables by
pre-registering and determining the number of tables you may need.  If you
have not yet notified us, please do so soon, so we may reserve the space
that you need. Thanks, Roland

2011 AARA Hamfest Flyer

You have received this email and advertisement because you gave us your
email address to received announcements from the Acadiana Amateur Radio
Assoc., Inc. sponsoring the hamfest. If you wish to be removed from the
hamfest email list, please click  <http://www.w5ddl.org/remove_email.htm>
Remove Me from Email List.