[AARA] AARA Field Day Update

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Jun 21 20:28:01 CDT 2011

*                                    AARA Field Day - Rayne Louisiana*

 From our Field Day Coordinator Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP.

This year for Field Day the club will be operating a 2 Meter radio in
addition to the HF radios. If you do not plan on making Field Day this
year, please try and contact the club's Field Day exercise on 2 Meters.
We will be using the club's call of W5DDL on 146.520 simplex. The
antenna we are using is a  Cushcraft 124WB 4 element beam, mounted on a
30 foot mast. The radio is a Yaesu 857D with 50 watts out.  About every
15 minutes we will orient the beam in a different direction, so if you
don't make contact the first time keep trying.

Don't forget Saturday the 25th. from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM is*JUNK IN THE
TRUNK*. So if you are looking for some used HAM equipment or have some
radio gear to sell this will be your chance.

The club is still short radio operators for many of the time slots. If
you are interested in operating HF in Voice or CW modes, or 2 Meter
Voice please contact Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP by email (dgthib3 at cox.net  )
or on the 146.820 repeater. You can use the club's radio which is a
FT-990, or you can bring your own radio equipment out to field day and
connect to the clubs antennas, if you would like.

The club will be providing refreshments for the members, and for
non-members refreshments can be purchased for a minimal fee. The club is
not providing chairs, so it is advisable to bring your own. Please see
attached for location and directions.

The Talk-in for the AARA Field Day will be 146.820 PL 103.5

For information to the AARA Field Day Sight go to:
http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator
Type in W5DDL for the AARA Field Day in the "Location or Call Sign" box or
enter your city or call sign.  A map will show clubs in this area participating
in Field Day. Click on the "Pinhead" and that club information will be shown.

Some of our team will show up Friday afternoon with the AMOS Van, and other RV's to spend
the night.  Setup will start Saturday morning and kick off at noon.  We will appreciate
anyone wanting to volunteer to help set up and operate during this event.

Map to AARA Field Day in Rayne, Louisiana.

This may be the last e-mail about Field Day from me unless something important comes up.
So put it on your calendar.  I am sure some of you are getting tired of my reminders.

Herman
KN5GRK