[AARA] Fwd: LOUISIANA SITUATION REPORT NO. 3

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Aug 28 09:57:59 CDT 2012

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	LOUISIANA SITUATION REPORT NO. 3
Date: 	Tue, 28 Aug 2012 09:28:36 -0500
From: 	Jessie C. Tilghman <jessiemt at suddenlink.net>
To: 	Recipient list suppressed:;

Hello All ARES Members,  please find below, La. situation report no. 3
IT looks like the storm is moving slower than we expected.  It will take
longer to reach land fall.  The bad thing it will have more time to
strengthen.  I hope that does not happen.   At this time there is a lot
of uncertainty.  I appreciate the support all of you are giving on the
possibility this could become very serious!

A very positive thing we will gain even it turns out to remain just a
tropical storm,  we will have assessed our parish preparedness.   Thank
you.   73 JESSIE ADEC REGION 6

*LOUISIANA SITUATION REPORT NO. 3

Tropical Storm Isaac

August 27, 2012

2030 CDT

*
**

*

SUMMARY OF 700 PM CDT...0000 UTC...INFORMATION

LOCATION...26.7N 86.5W

ABOUT 230 MI...370 KM SE OF THE MOUTH OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER

ABOUT 295 MI...470 KM SSE OF MOBILE ALABAMA

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...70 MPH...110 KM/H

PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 305 DEGREES AT 10 MPH...17 KM/H

MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...981 MB...28.97 INCHES

...ISAAC EXPECTED TO BE A HURRICANE SOON...SIGNIFICANT STORM SURGE

AND FLOOD THREAT FROM RAINFALL EXPECTED ALONG THE NORTHERN GULF

COAST...

*

*Requests by served agencies for radio communication assets from outside
their parish should,

upon the approval of the local Director of Homeland Security, be routed
via WebEOC utilizing

incident number 047-12.

If a request for radio communication assets via WebEOC is anticipated,
please give Roger Farbe

(LA SEC) a heads up via 225 358-5252.

The GOHSEP radio room direct number is 225 278-5353.

Governor Jindal states that, Pursuant to the Louisiana Homeland Security
and Emergency

Assistance and Disaster Act, R.S. 29:721, et seq., a state of emergency
is declared to exist

in the State of Louisiana.

The GOHSEP Crisis Action Team is activated and will monitor and report
on this system as

needed and will be prepared to activate the EOC as needed.

The Section Managers of Mississippi and Louisiana have jointly requested
that the Delta Emergency

Net be activated Tuesday, August 28th, at 1200 Central on 7275. This is
a change from the original

starting time of 1800 Central.

Net Manager, Richard Webb, NF5B, reports that he will be the initial net
control station, followed

by Gary Stratton at 1400 Central.

The Louisiana Section Manager has requested that the Louisiana Traffic
Net be activated Wednesday,

August 29th, at 1200 Central on 3910. Section Traffic Manager Carlos D.
Ingram, KB5YEG, confirms that

the LTN will be accepting outbound Health and Welfare messages as of
August 29th, at 1200 Central on 3910.

Inbound messages will not be accepted during the first 72 hours of net
operation.

The Louisiana CW Net's schedule on 3573 is unconfirmed at this time.

The Louisiana ARES Emergency Communications Plan can be found at

http://www.laarrl.org/pdfs/la-ares-plan-2012.pdf
<http://www.laarrl.org/pdfs/la-ares-plan-2012.pdf>

NWS Slidell is expected to activate Skywarn on at 0900 Central on
Tuesday and should operate through Wednesday.

Request from St Tammany EC Mike Decossas - Parishes outside of St
Tammany should only use the 147.27

repeater for weather status updates or weather related incidents.

*Jim Coleman AI5B

ARRL Louisiana Section Manager

Home - (985) 735-9031

Cell     - (985) 516-2632