[AARA] AARA NEWS / HAMFEST

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 16 08:49:06 CST 2012

    AARA 2012 52nd ANNUAL HAMFEST, RAYNE, LOUISIANA

     The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. will hold their 52nd Annual Hamfest in Rayne, Louisiana on Friday March 9
     &  Saturdy March 10, 2012.
     It is the ARRL Louisiana State Convention. We are looking forward to seeing many of You there.  This will be one of our best!
     To get a preview of what will be going on this year, visit our websites at:
     AARA 2012 52nd Annual Hamfest in Rayne, Louisiana  <http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/>
     AARA Clubsite Page with Hamfest information  <http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/>

     To see our AARA 2012 Hamfest flyer in Adobe Acrobat .PDF format or MS Word .DOC formats click here.
     Hamfest Flyer .PDF  <http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/Hamfest%20Flyer.pdf>
     Hamfest Flyer .DOC  <http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/Hamfest%20Flyer.doc>
     You will need to Pre-register as soon as possible as everything is based on a "first-come-first-served" basis.
     You will need to Pre-register for the "Crawfish Boil" by February 20, 2012.
     You can download the Pre-resistration form in Adobe Acrobat .PDF format or MS Word .DOC formats click here.
     Pre-registration Form .PDF  <http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/pre-registration%20form.pdf>
     Pre-registration Form .DOC  <http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/Files/pre-registration%20form.doc>
     You may see this announcement several times before our Hamfest. I would suggest you check our website for additional
     updates.

     If you have questions on table reservations or Crawfish Boil reservations please contact:
     Rick Breaux N5RLM
          n5rlm at w5ddl.org
     If you have questions on RV reservations please contact:
     Ed Roy WA5TNK
          edroy at edroy.com

                   *2012 AARA HAMFEST VENDORS*
      Palmetto Antennas  <http://www.palmettoantennas.com>
      Regal-Brown  <http://www.regalbrown.com>
      The Sign Man of Baton Rouge  <http://www.thesignman.com>
      Austin Amateur Radio Supply  <http://www.aaradio.com>
      Gifts 4 Hams / Plaques  <http://www.gifts4hams.com>
      JMR Sales  <http://www.jmrsales.net>
      MCM-COMPUTERS  <http://www.manta.com/c/mmf3yw9/mcm-computers>  - Livingston, LA - Hebert McMorris WA5VPX - (225)698-3064 - hrmac at eatel.net

      You might want to visit these websites to make arrangements with them to have merchandise you might want them to
      bring to the AARA Hamfest.....may save you some shipping.

*Update:*
     Some of the officials that will appear at the AARA Hamfest in Rayne, LA on March 10, 2012
           David Norris K5UZ, ARRL Delta Division Director
           Mark Spencer WA8SME, ARRL Education and Technology Program Coordinator
           Jim Coleman AI5B, New ARRL Louisiana Section Manager
	  Roger Farbe N5NXL, New ARRL Louisiana Section Emergency Coordinator
           Gary Stratton K5GLS, Delta Division Assistant Director

     Norman Helms K5SAC, will manage the Texas Ham Playboys Friday, March 9, 2012 for the Fais DoDo.
     The lineup will be:  Roland, K5EUO on guitar and vocals, Bubba (not a ham) on the fiddle and vocals,
     Larry, KE5RQ on drums, and Norman, K5SAC on the accordion and will manage the Texas Ham
     Playboys and he says:*"The Rayne Hamfest, Community coffee, chicken gumbo, crawfish, ham radio,
     and Cajun music all under the same roof -- just like being in Heaven"!*

                   *ORANGE 2012 HAMFEST*
      If you are planning to go to the Orange 2012 Hamfest on February 25, 2012.....you might check out their hamfest webpage
      and flyer at:
      Orange 2012 Hamfest Website  <http://www.qsl.net/w5nd/index_files/HAMFEST%20INFO/hamfest%20info.htm>
      Orange Hamfest 2012 Flyer in .PDF format  <http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/files/Orange_hamfest_2012.pdf>

     Herman Campbell KN5GRK
     AARA President
     AARA Hamfest Chairperson

*                                        For Sale*
Array Solutions Model AS-43A Digital Readout Kit for Bird Model 43 wattmeter . This was given to me as a gift in November 2011 and is excess to my needs. Complete kit with manual. Price: $135 shipped. Here is a link to Array Solutions that will show original price less shipping charges: http :// arraysolutions .com/Products/as-43a. htm
If interested email me at:w5ew at comcast.net  or telephone 985-791-8500.

73

RAY
W5EW

*                     DELTA DIVISION UPCOMING HAMFESTS&  CONVENTIONS*

.	02/18/2012 | Arkansas Section Convention
Location: Hoxie, AR
Type: ARRL Convention
Sponsor: Lawrence County ARC
Website:http://www.w5wra.org/

.	03/03/2012 | Russellville Hamfest
Location: Russellville, AR
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Sponsor: Arkansas River Valley Amateur Radio Foundation
Website:http://www.arvarf.com

.	03/09/2012 | Louisiana State Convention (52nd Annual Acadiana
Hamfest)
Location: Rayne, LA
Type: ARRL Convention
Sponsor: Acadiana Amateur Radio Association
Website:http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/
The music and food at this one are fantastic!!

.	03/17/2012 | Ides of March Hamfest
Location: Union City, TN
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Sponsor: Reelfoot Amateur Radio Club
Website:http://www.reelfootarc.com

.	03/17/2012 | Middle Tennessee ARS's Hamfest (MTARS)
Location: Tullahoma, TN
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Sponsor: Middle Tennessee Amateur Radio Society
Website:http://www.qsl.net/mtars/

.	03/24/2012 | New Orleans Hamfest
Location: Kenner, LA
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Sponsor: Jefferson Amateur Radio Club, Delta DX Association&  New
Orleans Amateur Radio Club
Website:http://noarc.info/hamfest.aspx

.	04/07/2012 | Hanging Judge Hamfest
Location: Fort Smith, AR
Type: ARRL Hamfest
Sponsor: Fort Smith Area Amateur Radio Club
Website:http://www.HangingJudgeHamfest.com

.	04/14/2012 | Delta Division Convention (Free Fest)
Location: Bartlett, TN
Type: ARRL Convention
Sponsor: Mid-South Amateur Radio Association (MARA)
Website:http://www.maraonline.org

*                          Acadiana Dirt Riders Association Enduro*

The Acadiana Dirt Riders Association will be holding their annual events this year.

*APRIL 1 2012 ----GREAT PINEY WOODS ENDURO -CRAVENS, LA.  -----
LOUISIANA TRAIL RIDERS*
**
*MAY 6, 2012 ----- CAJUN CLASSIC ENDURO -FOREST HILL,LA. ----- ACADIANA
DIRT RIDERS*

Amateur Radio volunteers are needed to provide communications from road crossings, check points,
to the command post.  They also will report any accidents, medical information, or general messages
the race officials may need.  Your help will be greatly appreciated.

For details or information, contact:
Mark Holcomb KE5HSW
ke5hsw at arrl.net
337-309-0800

*                  100th Anniversary of the Titanic Sinking Special Event Station*

Rod Kittleman, K0ADI, The PIO for Southwest Missouri asked that we help make everyone aware of the 100th anniversary
of the sinking of the Titanic Amateur Radio Special Event in Branson, MO.

If you or your club would like to be part of the event, let Rod and the crew know.  This sounds like a really fun
way to promote Amateur Radio.
Dale Bagley, K0KY ARRL MO SM Here's the News Release.

To all Clubs and Ham radio associations:

The Titanic special event will be held this year on the 13th 14th 15th
of April 2012 at the Titanic Museum in Branson, MO  The 13th will be a
QRP event and starting at 8am Saturday the 14th running thru Sunday the
15th till around 4 pm will be the main event.

This year we are asking clubs to sponsor a radio and run it the whole
weekend or if we can get a big turn out, make it into blocks of
...time. This is the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic
and we want to make this a huge event. Please ask your club members to
come as a club or an association to be apart of a great event!! More
info to follow as it becomes available. Please contact Richard Vogt
KB9YZE or Rod Kittleman K0ADI for more information.  More details can
be found atwww.wzeros.com  <http://www.wzeros.com>.  Send emails to:titanichams at wzeros.com  <mailto:titanichams at wzeros.com>

ARRL Missouri Section
Section Manager: Dale C Bagley, K0KY
k0ky at arrl.org  <mailto:k0ky at arrl.org>