[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jan 1 16:19:37 CST 2012

*HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!*

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. newsletter */LARC /*is now
on line and can be found in Adobe Acrobat .pdf format to be
printed or viewed in color at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/2012%20LARC/LARCJAN12.pdf
Past issues can be found at:
http:www.w5ddl.org/LARC/
Hard copies via "snail-mail" will be in the mail by noon Monday, January
2, 2012
The *January 2012 AARA Meeting *will be held on Thursday, January 5,
2012 at 7:00 PM at the Red Cross Building, 101 N. Pat St., Scott,
Louisiana.  VE testing will be at 6:00 PM, bring $15.00 test fee,
CSCE's, and a pictured ID to be able to test.  We will be discussing the
upcoming AARA Hamfest updates which will be on March 9 & 10, 2012.  As
soon as we get a quote on crawfish prices, main prize list, vendor list,
and a few other items, you will be receiving e-mails on our hamfest.
Larry LeBlanc KE5KJD (Nominating Committee Chairperson) will present the
committee's slate for new officers.  Mark Saltzman KF5ENE will present
the top three check-ins on the AARA Monday Night 2 meter net for year
2011.   Hope to see you at the meeting - bring some door prizes if you have
some laying around.

I would like to say "THANKS" to Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP (Assistant
Hamfest Chairperson) for all he has done to take up a major part
of the work load in trying to make this one of our best Hamfests.

Herman Campbell KN5GRK
AARA President
The Children's Museum of Acadiana will host a Technician License Study
Course beginning on January 12, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.  Want to
sign up.  Visit their website:
http://www.childrensmuseumofacadiana.com

201 E. Congress St. Lafayette, LA 70501 337-232-8500