[AARA] AARA News / Wanted

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jan 8 16:18:02 CST 2012

*WANTED - KENWOOD TS 450*

I have a friend of mine who is visually handicapped and is looking for
a Kenwood TS 450 with the audio frequency capability and the auto
tuner.  Any one have one of these units?  I and Buck, K6RFE thank you.

Dick, wa6mdi
wa6mdi at gmail.com

*SKYWARN CLASSES*
*
*Sometime in February 2012, a SkyWarn Class will be held in the
Lafayette, Louisiana area. If you would like to attend,
contact Ed Roy (Lafayette Parish Emergency Coordinator) and provide him
with your e-mail address for information on
date, time and location.  The class will be limited to 50 persons.
edroy at edroy.com

*AARA 52nd Acadiana Hamfest
*
The AARA is in the process of getting our AARA Hamfest in Rayne,
Louisiana on March 9 & 10 2012 together.  We are planning to have one of
the best yet, thanks to all the hard work done by Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
(Assistant Hamfest Chairperson).  We plan to have 6 nice main prizes and
a good lineup of vendors,here is just a sample.

As soon as we get a few details taken care of, a flyer will be sent
out.  So save your money, plan to attend and support ham radio.

*Amateur Radio Club, Inc. (SELARC)*
*31st Annual*
*Hammond Hamfest*
*&*