[AARA] AARA Wednesday June 20 FD Bulletin

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed Jun 20 07:15:31 CDT 2012

This is part of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
Field Day Event. More bulletins to follow. This year our FD is more or
less geared on emergency communications. We invite anyone hams or
non-hams to visit our FD event as soon as the location is announced.

Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
AARA Field Day Chairperson
kf5fnp at cox.net

*THIS IS A DRILL *

Wednesday June 20th.

Hurricane BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again) is still a CAT 3 and
following the same path as Kaboudreaux. No fuel is available, so the
people that have made it as far as Acadia and St. Landry Parishes are
now trapped. The Red Cross plans to open 2 more shelters on Thursday,
one in St Landry Parish and one in Acadia Parish. AARA is being asked to
provide communication for the 2 new shelters. A request for help from
hams throughout the country is requested. All of the shelters are full
to capacity and people are sleeping in their cars and on the wet ground
outside the shelters waiting for help. Food, baby formula, diapers, and
water in short supply. LANG sent in to provide security at Red Cross
shelters.

CAP Civil Air Patrol will start flying fix wing recon flights from
airports in East Texas into the affected area. The first flight will
cover Vermilion and Southern Lafayette Parishes. CAP will give real time
information about conditions in the parishes via radio. Observations
from the aircraft to the EOC's in the parishes will include but are not
limited to: Location and number of people wanting to be rescued, road
and bridge conditions, location of main power line down, number of
houses damaged, areas that are still flooded.

Liz and Christie throw in with Troy Landry and increase the reward for
film crew. The reward is now 5,000 dollars and 6 alligator hides. Oil
reaches $300.00BBL

*THIS IS A DRILL *
*

*