[AARA] FD PREP / GO-KITS/EMCOMM

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu May 17 07:40:38 CDT 2012

FYI,

Field Day Prep for the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
is a GO for this Saturday,  May 19th. 8:30AM, at Danny Daigle's KD5JSM
QTH. Talk in 146.820 pl 103.5 W5DDL repeater.  The weather looks great,
partly cloudy and a high of 88. Here is the basic plan:

Prep AMOS
Move AMOS into Danny's front yard under SHADE trees
Unload Force 12 Ant. from AMOS and assemble
Install ant. on tower and raise
Operate/test radios, tuner, rotor, computers etc.
Tear down

If your Go-Kit is ready, bring it. You should have plenty of time to set
it up and test it. The club is providing water, sports drinks, apples,
and chips.

I hope to see you there!

73's
Glen
KF5FNP

Here is some info for any hams that are interested in Go-Kits/EMCOMM.

*Gator Boxes *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPh2aGViiKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_95WEjoeA0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT52zOqTOu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqah49rgbY&feature=related

*Homemade Go-Kit *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-a0yC--k6Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFOc3Y3jfU&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZxSERcZoqE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbCfUKTtEI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myq9QUpeYlw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmnnf0xUWNM&feature=related

This is the carrier I'm using in my truck for my 857. It's a little to
small for my Go-Kit, so now I'm looking at the Gator Boxes.

http://www.tac-comm.com/

While all of the Go-Kits shown above are nice, they are not necessary
for EMCOMM. Here are the minimum items necessary for EMCOMM:

1) Radio with power supply or some way to connect to 12V battery
2) Feed line
3) Antenna system
4) Cardboard box (optional)

Is your Go-Kit/cardboard box ready to go?

73's
Glen Thibodeaux
KF5FNP