[AARA] GO-Kit Day

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Nov 9 10:47:34 CST 2012

---------------------------------------------------------------------*GO-Kit
Day*-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Hams:

Here is the information for our GO-KIT day.

*Date:*  November 17, 2012
*Time:* 9AM to 2PM
*Location:*  Ed Roy's ( WA5TNK) Farm
                   7572 Hwy 93, Arnaudville, LA

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7572+Hwy+93,+Arnaudville,+LA&hnear=7572+Louisi

ana+93,+Arnaudville,+Louisiana+70512&gl=us&t=m&z=16

Ed's Farm is located about 1 mile East of Beau Chene school on the South
side of Hwy. 93.  "A" marks the spot.

*Purpose:*  To gain experience setting up and operating your personal
GO-KIT.  We will also try and establish a HF radio link with Archie Hill
W5AG who will be
at the Mountain Bayou Boyscout Camp.
*Objective:*  To have fun with fellow hams, local & nationwide.
*What to bring:*  Everything you need to operate your GO-KIT and sustain
yourself in the field as far as drinks and food.
*Talk in:*  146.820 repeater PL 103.5
*Cancellation:*  Please check in on the 146.820 repeater before leaving
for the GO-KIT site, just in case we have to cancel because of weather
or other reasons.
*Fox Hunt:*  We will not have a fox hunt this time, but I plan to have
the fox (146.560) on the air by 8:30 if you want to practice your fox
hunting skills.

Please join us even if you don't want to bring your own gear out and set
up.  Contact me if you have any questions.

73's
Glen Thibodeaux
KF5FNP
cell 337.288.0122