[AARA] Cajun Cup 10K Run

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Nov 9 14:19:53 CST 2012

*
*Cajun Cup 10K Run*

RE: Cajun Cup 2012
Greetings all.  Sorry for the delay I have had a few personal things
going on that have put me behind in many areas.
The plan this year is similar to previous years.  The Race starts at
8:05 am on Saturday November 10^th .  We will meet downtown Lafayette in
the Parking lot next door to the Chase Bank building at 7am.  It has a
huge mural painted on the wall.  This is the same meeting spot as last
year. I will be there with the race shirts. I already have everyone's
shirt sizes.  And will try to pick up a few extras if they are available.
I will be finalizing the check points at that time.  Last year we
switched a few around per requests.  Several have requested spots,
others have no preference.   Keep in mind I may be a few minutes late
because I have to navigate getting the TShirts.  Last year they were
slow in getting me squared.  So don't panic if you don't see me there at
7 am sharp. :)
Last year Larry & Sandy brought yummy donuts and I am sure they will
provide the same.  So make sure you thank them with a big hug and
generous comments on how sweet they are!
Once again we plan on using the Clubs 820 Machine.  If for any reason it
is not working correctly then we can switch over to the Youngsville
repeater KB5OGN 443.200 with a 103.5 tone.  It's a strong repeater.  I
have tested it downtown with a HT and it works wonderfully.  So make
sure you program it as a back up.  I doubt we will need it.
You can leave once the runners have passed your check point.  Keep in
mind they have good food and music at the finish line.  Plan to enjoy
that if you can.  Some of the check points are done very quickly.
Make sure you bring your fully charged HT and possibly as spare radio.
Last year we had someone needing to borrow a radio. So please come
prepared.
Thank you for your time help and patience.
Jess Gillion
KF5LUL
316-2428
kf5lul at aol.com