[AARA] NØD - - Special Event Station celebrating The End of the World!

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Nov 17 17:15:00 CST 2012

*NØD - - Special Event Station celebrating The End of the World!*

That's right, the end is finally near.According to one of the three
Mayan Calendars, the End of the world will occur on Dec 21, 2012.
To celebrate this literally once in a lifetime event, Special Event
Station NØD (Now Zero Days) will be activated on 10-80 meters and
on several satellite passes for three days during and after (?) the end
of the world.December 20^th , is a celebration of the end of the world.
December 21^st , the day of destruction, we will be on the air as long
as possible.December 22^nd , that is a little iffy right now.

Amateur radio stations around the crumbling globe are invited to contact
NØD, who will be operating from a secret, undisclosed location.
Our operating schedule may be a little erratic as destruction rains down
upon us and as long as our antennas hold out.Those of you who
may be looking skyward for the end of the world, NØD will be operating
on several satellite passes.

This will provide cosmic, maybe even intergalactic coverage for the end
of the world, as we know it.  Thanks to Allen, our Doomsday press
release has been picked up by the AMSAT News Service and will be carried
in a future bulletin in about a week or so.

You can celebrate Doomsday by contacting NØD directly on the
air.Amateurs can also become an official Doomsday station by registering
on our website.You will be given a registration number and the authority
to identify yourself as "Official Doomsday Station" followed by your
Doomsday number.

QSL with SASE to KK5W.If Doomsday actually does happen, we regret that a
QSL will not be possible so hold on to your SASE until
the 22^nd at least.Check out our website for a preview of the NØD QSL card.

Amateurs can also become an official Doomsday station by registering on
our website.You will be given a registration number and the authority
to identify yourself as "Official Doomsday Station" followed by your
Doomsday number.Official Doomsday stations will receive the Doomsday
Station Certificate.

It is not entirely clear exactly how it will happen. Will it be a
cataclysmic shift in the earth's magnetic field, Global Warming on
steroids, earthquakes, volcanoes floods, global thermonuclear war,
meteor collision, the 10 plagues of Egypt, UFO invasion who knows? There
are scientists, soothsayers and philosophers on both sides of the
question.Either way it will be an event worth remembering ...or maybe
there will be no one left to remember it?

More information is available on the Official N0D website,
www.nowzerodays.com <http://www.nowzerodays.com/>

You can also e-mail the N0D team at N0D.Doomsday at gmail.com
<mailto:N0D.Doomsday at gmail.com>.Check our website for the latest
updates.www.nowzerodays.com <http://www.nowzerodays.com/>