[AARA] Looking for old info

K5FNQ k5fnq at lusfiber.net
Wed Aug 21 07:56:22 CDT 2013

Group - Not sure if any of you saw the article in the new QST with
mention about the memorial to ham radio operators killed while providing
public service.

My memory want back to 1964 and the tragic death of Scotty Bernard who
was killed during Hurricane Hilda while in the CD facility in Erath,

This is a link to the story
http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/vpkids/vp/Erath/erathhistory/HurricaneHilda/WakeofTragedy.htm

I am on a mission to get his name and call on the memorial but have hit
a dead end on finding his call letters.  I am in contact with the author
of the QST article and ARRL seems to think he was a CB operator.  My
memory is otherwise.

I remember Scotty (we were the same age and both at USL) coming by the
local CD facility before heading to Erath to operate.

So, if anyone remembers this and has any idea of Scotty's call or any
other info please let me know

Art K5FNQ

--
K5FNQ Art Mouton k5fnq at lusfiber.net (or @arrl.net)
ARRL, QCWA, CW OPS, Louisiana Contest Club,