[AARA] Hammond Hamfest

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Dec 10 06:22:17 CST 2013

*WHAT:      Hammond Hamfest 2014*
*WHERE:    MAGNUSON MOTEL AND CONFERENCE CENTER*
*                   2000 S. MORRISON BLVD*
*                   HAMMOND, LA. *
**Take Exit #28 from I-55, Hamfest Hotel is at 2nd Traffic Light)
*WHEN:      Saturday January 18, 2014*
*                   Doors open at 8 A.M.*
*Once*
*AGAIN:**/FREE admission and FREE parking/*
*Hello I am Jim Valega, WB5LSH, president of the Southeast Louisiana
Amateur Radio Club and chairman of the 33rd Annual Hammond Hamfest.  For
over 3 d**ecades, and again this year, our organization has continued to
strive to bring the Amateur community the only **FREE**hamfest in south
Lousiana.  Of course tickets will be on sale for the 4 main prizes and
door prize drawings, and is our only source for help with our expenses
throughout the year, other than our members.  So the ticket sales are
important and much appreciated.  But certainly not necessary to attend,
walk through, see old friends, meet new ones, visit with a vendor, look
over the swaps and just be a part of the Hammond Hamfest 2014!   Added
this year will be more area and larger tables for both vendors and swaps
alike.  Table applications are coming in already, and they can be
printed off our web site and mailed.   This will be our second year in
this location.*
*If you would like to stay at the Hamfest site, there has been special
room rates set up for the event. These are limited so an early call may
be prudent. *
*Before I forget, VE testing will be going on along with ARRL/ARES
forums and some TBD.   Additional information on this and other aspects
of the hamfest as we come along in time here may be obtained by visiting
our club website on the world wide web at **www.selarc.org*
<http://www.selarc.org/>* opening the side bar Hammond Hamfest 2014. *
*Let me take this opportunity to personally invite you to our hamfest
this year.  It looks like a really great time will be had by all. *
*If you would please, bring this information to your next club meeting,
coffee break, or what have you and mention it to friends on the
air and make sure everyone is aware of the event in Hammond Louisiana on
January 18, 2014. *
*Thank you, best 73 and I look forward to seeing each of you there!*
*Jim *

Jim Valega
WB5LSH
POBox 1804