[AARA] Lets Get The Ball Rolling (A Double Event)

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Mar 3 08:58:23 CST 2013

Herman Can You Please post this to your email list.. Thanks Joe
OK Everyone ( Double Event)
Its time to get the ball rolling...
   The Crescent City Amateur Radio Group is now  looking for volunteers
to assist in Communications for the Crescent City Classic Road Race in
New Orleans . This year they are expecting over 22,000 runners. As other
years our duties will be to monitor the runners along the race course,
and report any medical or non medical traffic to Net Control/ Command
Post. ( Like,  other years we will have a Ham Radio Operator At the
Police mobile command center relaying traffic to them).  In addition, as
other years when you volunteer you will receive a FREE  T-- Shirt, and
be allowed to enter the festival and concert area. (At the end of the
race in City Park) The race is Schedule for Saturday March 30,2013. This
event is one of largest public service events in Louisiana.
   On TOP of that, all runners will be allowed to enter the fair
grounds. For the Horse Races.( Their will be buses to bus those runners
who want to attend the Fair Grounds after the race is over.
   As you can see now, that opens a door in future, in possible
assisting communications with the fair grounds with this double event
coming up. If you are interested in volunteer please contact me Joe at
504-288-7084 or email me at Joen5ozg at cox.net <mailto:Joen5ozg at cox.net>
FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY SAID YOU WOULD VOLUNTEER PLEASE EMAIL ME AGAIN TO
COMFIRM YOU NAME ON THE LIST.
Thanks and 73's Joe N5OZG
joen5ozg at cox.net