[AARA] LOUISIANA SIMULATED EMERGENCY TEST UPDATE (Lafayette Parish)

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Oct 11 16:50:28 CDT 2013

LOUISIANA SIMULATED EMERGENCY TEST UPDATE (Lafayette Parish)

Louisiana will be conducting a Simulated Emergency Test (SET) on
Saturday October 12, 2013 starting at
9:00 AM thru 12:00 Noon.  Here is the SET schedule and frequencies:

9:00 AM to 10:00 AM on 3910 KHz with Jim Molan KD5IGG as NCS.
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM on 3910 KHz or 7285 KHz depending on propagation
with Jackie Price KA5LMZ as NCS.
11:00 AM to 12:00 Noon on 7285 KHz with Jim Coleman AI5B or Alternate
Herman Campbell KN5GRK as NCS.

This is the Lafayette Parish schedule.

Fellow Hams,

As part of the October 12, 2013 SET exercise, the Lafayette Parish EOC
"KA5EOC" will transmit a digital message on HF and 2 Meter bands.HF
digital message transmissions will start at 9:30 AM on 3.528 MHz +/- USB
centered at 1500 Hz on waterfall.At 10:00 AM we will switch to 7.032 MHz
+/- USB centered at 1500 Hz on waterfall.The digital message
transmission will end at 10:30 AM. The message will be transmitted every
5 minutes using the automatic "EVENT" feature built into FLAMP. When
setting up, remember to open FLDIGI first and then FLAMP. Both programs
must be open to receive an FLAMP message. We will be using FLDIGI,
FLMSG, and FLAMP during the test and switch between Thor 50X1 and Olivia
8/500 modes.At 10:45 AM using FLMSG, we will transmit Red Cross form
5739B on 7.032 MHz +/- USB centered on 1500 Hz on waterfall using Thor
50X1. Red Cross form 5739B will be followed by an ARRL Radiogram.If all
of your settings are correct, FLMSG will open automatically along with
your browser showing Red Cross form 5739B and the Radiogram ready to be
printed.  After the Radiogram has been transmitted, we will ask for
signal reports from any stations wanting to reply.

Also starting at 9:30 AM a digital message will be transmitted on
145.000 MHz Simplex FM centered on 1500 Hz using FLAMP. Make sure that
RxID in the upper right corner of FLDIGI is turned on. This allows
FLDIGI to automatically switch to the correct mode. If you don't have
any of the NBEMS FL applications downloaded, but would like to take part
in the Lafayette Parish EOC test. All of these applications are
available for free, download at http://www.w1hkj.com/download.html.

73

Glen Thibodeaux

KF5FNP