[AARA] VHF Duplexer Wanted

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Apr 25 19:51:31 CDT 2014

Herman
Can you please send this out to your email list..

Hi Everyone

C.C.A.R.G.

Repeater Status

First I would like to say BIG THANKS to Joe W5ABC and Dominic W5DGM for
their

outstanding cooperation and assistance in getting the 146.82 repeater
back on the air. In addition, we cannot forget Jerry N5GJK and Nicholas
W4NDF for their hard work and assistance.

We all have been working since 9 AM all through lunch (NO LUNCH) till 4
PM, not to mention the last few days that Joe W5ABC and Dominic W5DGM
were trying to get the repeater back up . It seems that the repeater got
hit by lightning a few weeks ago. With that said we have already
replaced the antenna and the connectors on all coaxes only to discover
that the duplexer is damaged. There is a 50/50 chance to get it working
again. If Arthur N5PED cannot get it to work with other cans then the
BIG problem comes in.

I have NEVER ASK for donations from anyone since I have been in Ham
Radio (28 years), to use any of my repeaters or radios and that the
Crescent City Amateur Radio Group offers FREE membership . Now, if
Arthur cannot get the duplexer to work I may have to ask for donations..
( because like all of us we are on a fix income.) A used VHF duplexer
can start $500.00 and Up. (Good one is higher ) not to mention shipping.

So if anyone knows someone who has a VHF duplexer and wants to donate it
or sell it for a good price please have them conatct me at 504-288-7084
or at Joen5ozg at cox.net <mailto:Joen5ozg at cox.net>

Thanks Joe N5OZG

Crescent City Amateur Radio Group

    <mailto:w5kb at yahoo.com>