[AARA] Hurricane Drill Update

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Aug 22 17:50:35 CDT 2014

Hurricane Drill Update...
The Crescent City Amateur Radio Group and the Hurricane VOIP Net
organization, SELARC ARES group ( in addition other organizations upon
their approval) will be having a Hurricane Drill Sunday evening
September 7,2014 From 6PM -8 PM  ( For 2 hours) on 146.82 repeater in
New Orleans. The Scenario will be a category 4 Hurricane coming up to
the mouth of Mississippi river. In addition, other scenarios that may
come up during a hurricane. Everyone is invited to participate.
Remember, the Hurricane Net's primary function is to report weather
conditions, flooding, power outages, power lines down, tree's down,
levee breeches etc. We will cover Hurricane Evacuation Routes, which
airports in the New Orleans are being use for what purpose plus much
more.We will post more information as needed...So mark your calendar...
The drill will take place unless there is an actual emergency to attend
such as an actual hurricane.
73's Joe N5OZG