[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Dec 1 08:25:39 CST 2014

The AARA (Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc.)  December 2014 issue
of the AARA newsletter /*LARC*/ and  past issues are now online at:

http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/

They may be printed out or viewed in Adobe Acrobat .PDF format in color.
The hard copies were put in the mail
at 3:30 PM October 31, 2014
--------------------------
*AARA DECEMBER 2014 CHRISTMAS BANQUET  MEETING*

      Our December general meeting will be held on Thursday, December
4th at the Golden Corral, 3110 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy, Lafayette, LA
70506 at 6:00  PM in the private dining area.  All members, family  and
guest are invited. This is a "Dutch Treat" affair, each person paying
his own meal. This will be a very short business meeting so we can spend
time together in eating and fellowship. Wishing all a Merry Christmas A&
Happy New Year!
*_  No VE Testing at this meeting!
_*
-----------------------
*JANUARY 2015 AARA GENERAL MEETING*
*
*Being the first Thursday in January 2015 falls on New Year's Day, the
January General Meeting will be held on the second Thursday of January
which will be January 8, 2015 at 7:00 PM . _*We plan to have a VE Test
Session at 6:00 PM.

*_---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Minden Amateur Radio Association (MARA) Annual Christmas Hamfest *
*Saturday, December 20, 2014*
*Time:*  8:30  AM- 2:00 PM
*Location:* City Hall located on 520 Broadway St, Minden, LA.
*Talk-In:* 147.300 PL186.2 (NLA Link System)
*Admission:*  $5.00 each which includes 1 prize ticket.
*Tickets: * $1 each, 6-$5, 15-$10, 35-$20, 50-$25, 100-$50.
*Swap Tables:*  $5.00 per table.
*VE Testing:* All levels, 9 AM  to 11:30 PM.
*ARRL Forum:* 12:30-1:30 PM
*DXCC Card Checker:*  Bobby Baker, WM5H
*       Main Prizes*
*1st:*  Kenwood TS-480SAT HF
*2nd:*  Kenwood TM-V71A VHF/UHF Mobile
*3rd:*  MFJ-259C Antenna Analyzer
*4th:*  Icom IC-T70A HD  2m/70cm Dual Band HT
*       Vendors*
Main Trading Company (Furnishing our prize radios)
Palmetto Antennas, LLC
The SignMan of Baton Rouge

Website for more info:
http://www.n5rd.org/activity.htm