[AARA] AARA Field Day 2014 Location

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jun 22 06:26:46 CDT 2014

AARA Field Day 2014 Location

Location of Field Day is now finalized:

1352 Harold Stoutes Road  (Google this or put in GPS)
Breaux Bridge, LA 70517

GPS Coordinates 30.330980  -91898169

It is located between Cecilia and Breaux Bridge near Poche Bridge, which
is on
highway 31.  Directions from Lafayette on I10 is as follows:

 From Lafayette, take I10 to the Breaux Bridge exit, take exit 109 (hwy
328 North)  1.6 miles, turn left
on Poche Bridge (narrow bridge) 0.3 miles to hwy 31.  Turn right on hwy
31 and go 0.1 mile, turn left on hwy
341 (Declouet Road), go 1.3 miles to Harold Stoutes road (Parish road
252) and turn right.  Go about
1 mile and turn right down the shell driveway marked with sign and
balloons to the light brown metal
building and park on circle just past the building.

The location for the tri-band beam should be to the north of the
building.  The location for the
wire antennas should be south of the building.  There are several tall
trees available for
hanging antennas.  There is a large stocked pond to the south as well
and we can try
to install a vertical antenna in the water and try it out for DX. We can
install wire antennas
on the North side for use by the two official field day radios. There
are no nearby overhead
power lines on the property.  We can locate AMOS wherever we like,
depending of whether
we use it for operating.  We can move both AMOS and the antenna trailer
on the Friday
before the start of Field Day.

We will have all three club radios available plus at least one spare.
I*f you can, you can **
**bring earphones, cw key/keyer, hand tools, pencil, cables with
connectors, barrel connectors, **
**etc.  Keep in your vehicle until needed and keep track of your
equipment. *

The metal building has a complete air conditioned apartment built in
with bed and
refrigerator and bathroom.  There is a good sized swimming pool which we
can use
as well.  The pond is stocked with brim and bass and if you like to fish
bring your
fishing gear.   If you like to swim, bring bathing suit.  If you want to
visit with family
members feel free to come and enjoy the fellowship.  We only ask that we
keep
the noise down near the radio operators while operating.

Attachments:
1.  Map showing route to field day location
1.  Annotated Google map view of property.
2.  Picture of operating metal building.
3.  Picture of swimming pool and pond.