[AARA] AARA 54th Acadiana Hamfest

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Mar 16 15:35:05 CDT 2014

      On behalf of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. we would
like to thank those that attended our
54th AARA Acadiana Hamfest.  The support you have shown to the
commercial venders, swap tables, flea
market tables and our food services are greatly appreciated.  By
supporting these persons by your purchases
will determine if they will be back next year.  Attendance was great,
weather was nice both days, no complaints
so far. Our Hamfest Committee did a outstanding job in pulling off the
"Best Hamfest" ever!  Hope everyone
attending had a great time.  Hope to see you next year.

Here are our Main Prize winners with pictures:

John Cunniff W4JHC holding the 1st Grand Prize (Yaesu FTDX 1200
Transceiver) and Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP

Bud Azar N5AN holding the 2nd Prize FlexRadio 1500 with Glen Thibodeaux
KF5FNP

Herman Campbell KN5GRK holding the 3rd Prize a Kenwood TM-V71A dual band
2 meter transceiver and Glen holding Herman's
7th Prize a MFJ Off-Center-Fed Diopole Antenna.

Rick Wallace KF5KEL (right) winner of the 4th, 5th, and 6th Prize - MFJ
269 Antenna Analyzer, Astron RM-35A Power Supply, and
SignaLink USB Sound Card.

8th Main Prize was won by Roy Keller NG5X which was a 1 year membership
to the ARRL (was not present - no picture available).

The Fox Hunt was won by the team of  Abbi KF5BEW and Kendra KF5FYS
Wilson of Lafayette, Louisiana.

If you are a Facebook member, check out Richard's MFJ page.  He has some
pictures and videos of our hamfest.
https://www.facebook.com/mfjenterprises

73 de Herman
KN5GRK