[AARA] Louisiana SET Update October 11

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Oct 7 07:19:44 CDT 2014

*New SET information for Ocotober 11^th , 2014
*

The Louisiana Simulated Emergency Test (SET) will take place Saturday,
October 11, 2014 between 9:00 AM and 12:00 Noon Central Time*
***

JoAnn, KA5AZK, will be net control for any health and welfare
traffic, on 7290 *KH**z* / LSB, from 9 am until 10 am.  Norman,
AD5EF,  will be net control operator  from 10 am until 12 noon.  This is
the place to list Radiograms. No ICS forms allowed on this net.

3910 and 7285 KHz / LSB, will be our tactical net frequencies.  These
are the frequencies to list traffic via ICS-213
( http://www.ics213.com/  ) forms.   Use these frequencies to pass
traffic between agencies such as Red Cross, Salvation Army, 911,
Sherriff's Office, etc.  Roger, KD5OTH,  will  manage the Texas Traffic
Net on 7285 and help us until 9:30 am.  We will have someone from
Louisiana to do net control from 9:30 am until noon.

Although in a real emergency we can count on internet links going down
we WILL utilize any and all linked systems (RF and internet)  for this
exercise (in addition to HF).  We need to present as many opportunities
as possible for ARES members to practice sending traffic (Radiograms and
ICS forms).

Have a SET Scorecard available for all ARES members participating in the
exercise.  Each member needs to keep track of his own score.  Turn
Scorecard in to your local EC at end of event.

*_Attached are the Louisiana 2014 SET plan and Scorecard for those who
need them._*

Thanks and hope everyone has a successful SET exercise.

Scott Wren, KD5DFL
Louisiana Section Emergency Coordinator
ARES, Louisiana