[AARA] Ham News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Oct 23 19:40:05 CDT 2014

1.  US Army and Air Force Military Auxiliary Radio Service (MARS)
stations will participate in a 48-hour nationwide contingency
communication exercise on October 27 and 28 as part of an effort to
develop greater cooperation between the Department of Defense (DoD)
sponsored MARS program and the Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES).
2. This communications exercise is sponsored by the DoD and will provide
MARS operators the opportunity to develop and train interoperability
procedures with their state/local ARES emergency coordinators and their
Amateur Radio colleagues.
3. On Monday (OCT 27), Louisiana ARES will active at 08:00 and 20:00 on
various local repeaters and our standard 40 and 80 meter HF frequencies.
The net will remain open for two (2) hours per session. Individual
stations are encouraged but not required to remain on frequency for the
duration of the net. Each net will maintain a roster that includes the
Call Sign and Parish of each station that checks into the net.
4. All contacts must be person to person and cannot rely on
Internet-linked repeaters or store-and-forward e-mail systems, such as
Winlink.
5. MARS members, using their Amateur Radio call signs, will establish
two-way communication with the net to request the roster. Additional
information may be requested by MARS depending on the tasks assigned.
6. Our objective is to establish contact with each of the 64 Louisiana
Parishes. Please let us know if you will be able to participate in this
event.

Matt Anderson
Louisiana ARES
Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator
225-806-2524

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*W1AW/5 LA*

ARRL Centennial QSO Party operations from Louisiana

November 26, 00:00Z through December 2, 23:59Z

(Tuesday Nov 25, 7:00 pm CDT to Tuesday Dec 2, 6:59 pm CDT)

We invite LA hams to participate in this historic opportunity.

Everything you need to know is found at:

http://www.laarrl.org/ss/index.php/latest-news/arrl-centennial-qso-party-operations-coming-to-louisiana/

Thank you for your interest and we wish you the best of luck.

  73,
  W1AW/5 LA Coordinators