[AARA] Region 1 ARES/ Hurricane Passes

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Sep 28 17:58:34 CDT 2014

Herman can you please send this out to everyone on your list..Thanks Joe
*Region 1 ARES...Hurricane/ Disaster  Passes....*
Louisiana is broken into 9 regions/ districts.  New Orleans is in Region
1 plus the following other Parishes -  St. Bernard, Jefferson and
Plaqumines Parishes. You do not need to live in these Parishes to be a
member of Region 1 ARES, however it is preferred.
If anyone is interested in joining the ARES Amateur Radio Emergency
Service Region 1 organization you can pick up an application on
September 30, 2014 between 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Jefferson Parish
East Bank Main Library located at 4747 West Napoleon Ave, Metairie,
Louisiana or contact me Joe at Joen5ozg at cox.net
<mailto:Joen5ozg at cox.net> or at 504-288-7084.
Keep in mind we may refer to Region 1 ARES as the New Orleans ARES
organization to help new hams understand the region.
Remember if you join the New Orleans ARES Region 1 organization you will
receive an ARES ID badge with the ARES symbol on it and the State of
Louisiana Logo . After joining  we ask and encourage for everyone to
check in the net at least twice a month if possible.
Hurricane / Disaster Passes
Matt and I are in the process of getting Passes for Region 1 ARES
members for next year. These passes will be issue by state government.
These passes are to allow you to enter Parishes that have police
barricades in them in a event of a hurricane or disaster.
The 146.82 repeater in New Orleans is now the primary EMERGENCY
Communications repeater for the New Orleans ARES organization and Em comm.
73's Joe N5OZG
Region 1 ARES Assistant District Emergency Coordinator
C.C.A.R.G. Administrator