[AARA] Field Day interview

Pat Soileau-ND5C ND5C at W5DDL.org
Thu Jun 18 08:38:33 CDT 2015

Herman,
There are several issues here which I'd like to address.

1. "my reflector"Club business should be discussed using the club's e-mail list, period.
The availability of an archive of e-mail messages is just one of themany benefits of using an e-mail list service such as QTH.net offers.

2. the e-mail addresses for ND5C are all aliases which I have used atvarious times due to a variety of circumstances.  In order to preventany confusion, I've updated the e-mail address on the club e-mail list to agree with the one which I gave when I joined, Pat at ND5C.net.  Thisis the one which should be used by anyone to contact me regarding hamradio-related activities.  I apologize for any confusion which might have taken place.  In the future, I'll endeavor to use just this one.

3. the questions about net attendance, membership, etc were justrhetorical in nature, designed to illustrate a point and not anactual request for information... but thank you for your assistance.
By the way, just an FYI, we have 99 members, of which 94 have listed an e-mail address (according to the current club membership roster on the website).  According to the LARC, in April (the latest month forwhich data is listed), the club net had four sessions with 59 totalcheck-ins for an average of about 15 per net.

4. I noticed that my callsign is in error on the club membershiproster and have already sent an e-mail earlier this morning to requestthat it be corrected.

5. ARRL Field Day interview - if no one responded to a mass appeal,
then perhaps the Public Information Officer (or the President),
should get on the phone and try to recruit someone by making a personal appeal (or volunteer to do the interview themselves).
One of the biggest problems many non-profit organizations face isgetting exposure in the media in order to get their message out.
We have a gentleman from the media who has made at least two e-mailattempts to secure our cooperation without success.  I must admitthat I am a bit disappointed and concerned at the apparent lack ofinterest by the club leadership in general regarding the interestwhich has been shown by this representative of the media.  In mynot-so-humble-opinion, this should be a higher priority item andshould have resulted in an interview within just a few days.

Thank you for your time!
73,
Pat ND5C(214) 850-6439 (cell)(337) 482-0052 (work)