[AARA] Ham Radio Field Day 2015

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Jun 25 16:02:44 CDT 2015

Calling all Vintage Sideband Ham Buds;

As you know this weekend is the 2015^th ARRL Field Day.  To honor one of
ham radio’s remaining pioneers, this weekend we will be operating at Wes
Schum’s QTH as W9DYV’s Boat Anchor Field Day. Wes singlehandedly brought
an affordable means for single sideband communications to ham operators
and we owe him.  W9DYV will be operating on 80-10M beginning Friday
afternoon, but during the day will likely be on 20M in that area where
vintage single sideband equipment/operators congregate and chew the rag…
14.260-14.293MHz.

I have learned from a reliable source that the weather conditions for
Field Day along the Gulf Coat will be hot and miserable.  However, the
weather forecaster we at W9DYV recommend you check on frequently may
have some important announcements that will take some of the toil and
anguish out of your hot and humid Field Day endeavors.  Be sure to keep
your carriers nulled, the sideband of your choice amply suppressed and
the weather gal’s “backscatter” appropriately tuned in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1cd3NhtBjM&feature=youtu.be

73 all….

Nick

Dominic (Nick) Tusa