[AARA] AARA's 443.000 repeater is on the air.

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Oct 16 20:37:08 CDT 2015

FYI- The repeater is on the air and ready for use. We are trying
to determine the edge of footprint and if there are any nulls we need to
worry about. At this point the range is about 30 miles from the repeater
site.
  Please don't just ping the repeater,  give your call sign,
power out, ant. type and height.

Repeater - Yaesu DR-1X ( set to auto- digital in, digital out and analog
in, analog out )
Call sign- W5DDL
Location- Top of Chase Bank in downtown Lafayette ( same as the Club's
82 repeater)
Height - About 250 feet
Ant. - Diamond 15 ft. dual band whip
Output - 443.000
Input - 448.000
  + offset
PL- 103.5
Power out - 20 Watts

Early signal reports:

KF5FNP Glen- Can hit it with handy and rubber duck from my backyard
North of Carencro.

W5GTI Mark- Hit it with handy from Scott

N5TBU Mark - 10 watts from base in Opelousas

KF5ZSR Ben - 10 watts mobile from New Iberia

Please email me your signal reports or if you have any issues with the
repeater.

FYI- This repeater is on the air because Fred W5MLE donated the repeater
and the work done by Mark W5GTI, Mark N5TBU, Charlie N5WE, Derek WM5TS,
Joe Fain W5XJF. Thanks to Joe we are able to have the repeaters on the
building. Please thank these guys when you see them for their hard work.

73
Glen
KF5FNP