[AARA] 4 element Steppir antenna for sale (20 - 6)

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed Aug 10 19:59:23 CDT 2016

          I have a 4 element Steppir for sale.  The driven element EHU
(the part that contains the steppir motors) is defective.  Steppir can
repair it at a cost of about $260.00 plus shipping, or a new one is
available for $459.00.  This antenna new sells for $2995.00. I'll let it
go as is for $900.00 (firm) or will repair it with a new EHU for
$1500.00.  The antenna is 7 years old.  The fiberglass elements are in
good shape as is the boom.  The antenna includes about 90 feet of
multi-conductor control cable and the old style (working) control unit.
It has a new reflector EHU (2 years old). I also have a new control unit
that I will include for $200.00.  If not sold with the antenna, I'll let
new control unit go for $350.00 after the antenna is sold. At 50 feet,
I've worked over 200 countries with this antenna and I'm not a DX
chaser! I use a 30 year old tail twister rotator to turn it.

                 This is for local pickup.  The 24 ft boom is still
assembled with the EHU's mounted so it's strictly a local sale.  I won't
ship.  The fiberglass elements are also assembled (about 16 feet each).
I don't recommend disassembly of either the boom or the elements unless
you want to do some control cable splicing and some re-taping of the 4
fiberglass tubes that make up each element.

Dave LeJeune

WN5V

10486 Highway 90

Welsh, LA 70591