[AARA] AARA 56th Hamfest Update

Herman Campbell Kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Feb 18 14:08:29 CST 2016

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association will sponsor its 56th Annual 2016
Acadiana Hamfest and the ARRL Louisiana State Convention, at the *Rayne
Civic Center, ****210 Frog Festival Dr, Rayne, LA 70578* on March 11 &
12, 2016. The Friday Crawfish Boil will be held again on Friday, March
11th @ 1800 hrs, due to the tremendous success of this event in previous
years.

The Preregistration deadline has been changed from February 15, 2016
to*March 6, 2016.*  You can go to our hamfest website and download the
preregistration
form, flyer, schedules, etc. here:

http://www/w5ddl.org/hamfest/

Want to see who the major vendors are? OK....In no particular order, we
will show you who is coming...up first on the list is *Houston Amateur
Radio*.
https://www.facebook.com/Houston-Amateur-Radio-Supply-Inc…/…
<https://www.facebook.com/Houston-Amateur-Radio-Supply-Inc-142029575842636/?fref=ts>

Our very good friend Phil Parton with *KENWOOD *will be joining us again
for this years event. Phil has been with us for several years and we
always welcome him back. *KENWOOD *has some of the finest radios around.
If you want to come see the latest from them, it will be on display at
the hamfest. Phil will be able to answer any of your questions and then
you can purchase that radio you have had your eye on at one of the
vendors at the event. What more could you ask for???
http://www.kenwood.com/usa/com/amateur/

What big three radio manufacturer do you like? Well if one of them is
*Yaesu*....you're in luck because they will be at our hamfest March
11-12...Come by say hello to the factory rep and you will be able to put
your hands on the latest and greatest that Yaesu has to offer. Then
after you test drive it at the booth, there will be major vendors that
will be able to sell you that radio you just fell in love with. Come on
down and enjoy the show!
http://www.yaesu.com

Interested in running your station with solar? *BeReadySolar* will be on
site to help you get the most out of your purchase and help you design a
system that will be perfect for any setup. Stop by and give them a look!
https://www.bereadysolar.com/

Looking for a name badge with your call sign? Need a new hat? How about
a stamp to use on all those raffle tickets you are going to buy?
Well....*The Sign Man of Baton Rouge *can fix you up! He always has
great deals on accessories so come get you something.
http://www.thesignman.com/

Palmetto antennas always has a HUGE assortment of connectors and
adapters. If Jerry doesn't have it you don't need it.... Cable and
wire...he has it!
http://www.palmettoantennas.com/

Of course we have *Main Trading Company *coming back this year. Richard,
Tammy and the gang are all gearing up to give you a heck of a deal...Let
that bell ring for you!
https://www.facebook.com/Main-Trading-Company-100510066676516/?fref=ts

Got confirmation that *ABR Industries* will be joining us this year as
well. They have some fantastic coax assemblies. Go check them out but
then come buy their stuff in March at our hamfest..
https://www.facebook.com/ABRindustries/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Want to bring your RV to the show? No problem! There are over 600 RV
spaces at the Rayne Civic Center. $20.00 per night is the rate. Where
else can you find a better deal. Sites include water and electrical with
a dump station on the premises. Link to the website found below.
http://w5ddl.org/hamfest/rvinfo.htm

Need a hotel room while visiting the hamfest? *Best Western Hotel Rayne
* has a hamfest special rate just for you. Be sure to call the hotel
directly and mention the AARA hamfest to receive the rate.337-334-0060
Special Room Rate $74.99 for King Bed & $82.49 for Double Queen.

Join us on Facebook at:
Follow Us On <https://www.facebook.com/AARAlaf/?ref=hl>
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/events/1119639281380134/