[AARA] Wanted: Rohn 55 top plate or beacon plate....

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Feb 13 07:28:48 CST 2018

    From: k5qe at k5qe.com

    Sent: 2/12/2018 10:44:57 PM Central Standard Time
    Subject: [LCC] Rohn 55 top plate or beacon plate....

    Hello everyone....I find that I need a Rohn 55 top plate or beacon
    plate to complete an antenna project that we are working on.  If you
    have one that you are not using, please let me know and we can work
    out a sale / trade.

    Just to be sure that we are all on the same page, a top plate has a
    central (large) hole for the mast and 4 holes that match the TB3 or
    TB4 thrust bearing.  A beacon plate does not have a central hole, it
    has 4 bolt holes(about 1/2" in diameter) to allow the mounting of a
    beacon light on the top of the tower.  It takes some serious
    machining to convert a beacon plate to a top plate, but we have done
    several here over the years.

    If anyone can help, please reply via email or call me at
    409-787-3830.  If I am not at home, please leave a message....thanks.

    73 Marshall K5QE
    Phone 409-787-3830 at the home shack