[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu May 30 16:36:01 CDT 2019

The June 2019 issue of the AARA newsletter LARC is online at this time
where it will be available to be downloaded and printed in color in
Adobe Acrobat .PDF format at:

http://www.w5ddl.org/LARC/

Back issues are also available on line.

*2019 AARA GENERAL MEETING *
Thursday June 6, 2019 @ 7:00 PM
The Lafayette Science Museum
433 Jefferson St., Lafayette, LA 70501
Enter doors on 183 E. Convent St.
<http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/images/doors.jpg>
VE Testing @ 6:00 PM - Bring CSCE's, Photo ID, Copy of License & $15.00
test fee.
We will be discussing our Field Day event (see below).
Re-scheduling our July 4th General Meeting.
If you have anything you would like to donate for door prizes, bring
them to the meeting, they will be greatly appreciated.  THANKS

Hope to see you there.
The local area VHF net schedules for June can be found at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/news.htm*
*
**
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AARA 2019 FIELD DAY

This year, AARA will be hosting Field Day at the farm of Steve AF5VR and
Mel Webre.  We are looking forward to this event
and we hope that you are able to spend some time with us. Handicap
parking is available and bathroom amenities are on
premises.  We will begin setting stations up Saturday morning at 0800,
with Field Day officially starting at 1300 and running
until 1300 on Sunday.

*LOCATION:*  1529 Beaugh St., Church Point, LA ( Google Maps Directions )
Directions from I-10 (Rayne/Church Point Exit)
Take LA 35 north into Church Point.
Turn Left onto S. Main St. (Sonic Drive In on corner)
Turn Right onto E Plaquemine St. (Daigle Hardware on corner)
Travel approximately 1/3 mile and turn Left onto N. Beaugh St. (Local
Bar on corner)
Travel 1 mile and AF5VR’s driveway will be on the left.

***Please use caution when entering as folks will be setting up their
stations.***
***Please remain on gravel drive unless directed otherwise***

*CAMPING:*
Camper spots will be available, however, power, water, and sewer will
not be available; please plan accordingly.
Please RSVP Steve or Danny if you plan on bringing a camper.
swebre at hotmail.com <mailto:swebre at hotmail.com> or kd5jsm at yahoo.com
<mailto:kd5jsm at yahoo.com>

*STATION INFORMATION:*
We will have AMOS II with the antenna trailer and many other antenna
configurations available for use.  In the event
that you plan on bringing your own personal set up, please remember to
bring all of your necessary gear (portable table,
battery power, radio, mic, coax, antenna, headset etc.)
In an effort to avoid any transmission interference, we will have band
assignments for the different bands recognized by
ARRL Field Day.  Please help by adhering to band allocations that will
be posted.  In the event that you want to operate
on a “band in use” accommodations can be made to get you in an area that
avoids interference.  ** Please see Tom or
Danny for assistance**

*MENU:*
The AARA will be providing food and drinks, however, if you have any
special dietary requirements or personal preferences,
please bring those items with you, as it is impossible to accommodate
everyone’s requests.

Saturday Breakfast    Donuts    Glen KF5FNP
Saturday Lunch    Order Out    Tom w5OHJ
Saturday Dinner    Order Out    Tom W5OHJ
Sunday Breakfast    Donuts    Glen KF5FNP
Sunday Lunch    TBD

*MISCELLANEOUS:* (Bring Your Own)
Headset / Earbuds
Bug Spray
Extra Clothing
Rain Gear
Comfortable Shoes
Chairs and more chairs
Pop-up Canopy (if you plan on operating outside)
Drink/Snacks
Personal Hygiene items

Danny Daigle KD5JSM
Field Day Chairman
kd5jsm at yahoo.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*UP**-**CO**M**MING HAMFESTS*

    Spring Fling and Tailgate (Re-scheduled from May 11 to June 1, 2019)

Saturday June 1, 2019
*Location: *Poverty Point State Park Pavilion
     1500 Poverty Point Parkway
     Delhi, LA 71232
*Website:* http://kc5dr.com
*Sponsor:* Louisiana Delta Radio Club
*Type:* ARRL Hamfest
*Talk-In:* 145.170
*Public Contact:* Joseph Holland , KB5VJY
     6019 New Natchitoches Road
     West Monroe, LA 71292
Phone: 318-348-0153
*Email:* kb5vjy at gmail.com
<mailto:kb5vjy at gmail.com>
*Location:*  John Slidell Park Gymnasium
     105 Robert Blvd.
     Slidell, LA
*Talk-in: *  147.270 repeater +600 PL 114.8
*VE Testing: * Will be held at the Latter Day Saints Building at 8:30 AM
     480 Robert Blvd.
     Slidell, LA
Hamfest Flyer
<http://www.w5sla.net/HAMFEST%202019/2019%20Save%20the%20Date%20Hamfest%20Flier.pdf>
*Contact E-mail: * hamfest at w5sla.net <mailto:hamfest at w5sla.net>
*Website:* http://www.w5sla.net/hamfest-2019.htm

    *Shreveport & Bossier Hamfest*

*Saturday August 10, 2019*
*Time:*  8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
*Location: *Louisiana State Fair Agriculture Building
     3206 Pershing Avenue
     Shreveport, LA 71101
*Website:* www.shreveporthamfest.k5sar.com
<http://www.shreveporthamfest.k5sar.com>
*Sponsor:* Shreveport Amateur Radio Association
*Type:* ARRL Hamfest
*Talk-In:* 146.820 (PL 186.2) Tone will be disabled
*Public Contact:* Bob Davis , N5ZVW
     4355 Colonial Drive Shreveport, LA 71119
     Phone: 318-230-1242
*Email:* bobn5zvw at gmail.com <mailto:bobn5zvw at gmail.com>

*Greater New Orleans Ham Fest

*HAMFEST/CONVENTION
*Saturday November 2, 2019*
*Location: *Harahan Lions Club Building
     1001 Hickory Avenue
     Harahan, LA
*Website:* http://CCARG.org
*Sponsor:* Crescent City Amateur Radio Group
*Type:* ARRL Hamfest
*Talk-In:* 146.82 (Pl 114.8)
*Public Contact:* Joe Glorioso , N5OZG
     727 N. Atlanta Street