[AARA] KN5GRK Ham Radio News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jan 1 06:17:31 CST 2023

*HAPPY NEW YEAR*

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc (AARA) will hold their
January 2023 General Meeting
on January 5, 2023 at 7:00 PM at the Candyland Cottage & Ice Cream
Shoppe <https://candylandcottage.com/> in Scott, LA.
VE Testing will be at 6:00 PM
_/*
*/_----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have my January 2023 newsletter posted on line at:
https://www.kn5grk.com/newsletter/2023/kn5grk_01_2023.pdf
along with past issues at:
https://kn5grk.com/newsletter/
I also have a web page of up-coming hamfests that can be found at:
https://www.kn5grk.com/hamfests/

/*N5JXV*//**//*-*//**//*Virgie Aubin*//**//*-*//**//*Silent Key*//**//*
*/
I received a phone call from Virgie Aubin’s Daughter, Marie, on Monday
December26
with the news that Virgie had passed away on Christmas Day. Virgie had
been fighting cancer and was in Hospice care up until this time. I am
waiting for
further details at this time.

A note received from Marie on December 31 stated:“Circumstances beyond our
control have created a backlog in planning so arrangements are pending.
The holidays
are a major factor. We hope to have arrangements finalized for mid
January. I
will keep you updated”.

Keep Virgie's Family in your prayers.