[AARA] Louisiana ARRL Section Manager Election

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Nov 10 15:14:48 CST 2023

Dear ARRL Members and fellow Amateur Radio Operators:

I am excited to announce my candidacy for the Louisiana ARRL Section
Manager. As you know, I was recently appointed to fill the remainder of
John Mark's (K5JMR) term. I am eager to continue serving and bring
positive change to our section.

🌟 *Why Am I Running?* 🌟

As a longtime ARRL member, I've served in several roles, including State
Government Liaison, Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator and
Assistant Section Manager. Outside my ARRL duties, I also volunteer with
the State Emergency Operations Center and Louisiana Council of Amateur
Radio Club as the State Frequency Coordinator.

Having worked with many of you, I have seen our organization's
incredible potential for positive growth. I am running for ARRL
Louisiana Section Manager because I am dedicated to making a lasting
impact and building a more vibrant organization for all.

If elected, I am committed to:

✅ *Strengthening the Section*: I will foster a more robust organization
by recruiting new members excited about contesting, emergency
communications, public relations, technical problem-solving and training
new hams. We will always act in Amateur Radio's best interests while
following ARRL policies as a team.

✅ *Supporting our Served Agencies*: I will continue to advocate the
benefits of amateur radio in support of emergency communications through
training and planning. Working with our partner agencies and others, I
have helped coordinate the upgrade and replacement of equipment this
year at several emergency operations centers, using over $200,000 in
agency and grant funding.

✅ *Enhancing Our Communications*: Working with our Division Director and
HQ staff, I will keep the lines of communication open for information
and guidance that will benefit all. My section staff will regularly
visit clubs, hamfests, and conventions, responding to members' concerns
and serving as a resource to support your local clubs.

✅ *Supporting Our Youth*: The future of amateur radio is in the hands of
our youth. Recruitment of new amateurs and ARRL members should be our
first goal; however, we must also promote attitudes and actions to
integrate them into local Club and League activities. I will advocate
for these programs and work to find funding through donations and grants.

Let's work together to shape the future of our community. Here's how you
can help.

💬 *Connect with Me*: Share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns. I want
to hear what matters most to you.

📣 *Spread the Word*: Share our vision with your friends, family, and
fellow hams.

🤝 *Volunteer*: We need dedicated individuals to support the Field
Organization. Your time and skills are invaluable.

🗳️ *Vote*: Most importantly, don't forget to cast your vote. Ballots
will be mailed to each ARRL member in the section starting January 2,
2024. Your return must be received at ARRL no later than Friday,
February 16, at 4 PM.

I appreciate your support, and let's make a difference together!

Sincerely,

Matt Anderson - KD5KNZ