[AARA] tower project

Carlos Ingram carlosing at hughes.net
Wed Dec 1 14:00:08 CST 2010

1.  I don't know about question one.

2.  I tried using stainless bolts but found they sometimes would seize
before tight.  I believe you could use a antiseize compound and they will
work. Stainless is not as strong as regular bolts and galvanized are not
that strong either as they are grade 2 or cap screws.  I used regular grade
5 zinc plated bolts and have had no trouble with them.  They should last as
long as the tower and are cheaper.  Stainless U bolts can be found at a
place like Construction Bolts as we have here in Monroe.

3. W5WZ has Phillystrand on his 116 foot 55G tower. You might check with
him:  http://www.w5wz.com/

Carlos, KB5YEG