[AARA] Final Balloon Launch Update

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sat Dec 18 12:19:46 CST 2010

The balloon took off at about 10:30 AM this morning, went down the
runway and ended up in the trees at about 50 feet off ground.  So the
event has been scrubbed at this point.  They were using a chain saw to
get it down.  They wanted Nick to go up and fetch it, but Nick said
"NO"!  Next try will be January 8, 2011 if all goes well.  There were a
few things learned by this event, so it wasn't a total loss.

Nick K5QXJ, wants to extend his thanks for all the hard work to those
involved in this project.

BTW, many of you probably remember Virgie Aubin N5JXV of Baton Rouge.
She used to call the Gulf Coast Sideband Net a few years back and go to
a lot of the Louisiana Hamfests.  She called me today and wanted me to
wish everyone a "Merry Christmas & Happy New Year", and wishes she could
see everyone.  She misses being on the air very much, she said sometimes
she calls the net in her sleep...hi hi.  She is one really nice person.

73 de KN5GRK
Herman