[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Feb 1 09:03:04 CST 2011

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA) February newsletter
"LARC" is now on-line in .PDF format at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/larc/
AARA February General Meeting this Thursday evening February 3rd at 7:00
PM.  VE Testing will be at 6:00 PM at
the Red Cross Building, 101 N. Pat Street, Scott, LA.

Nominations from the floor for new officers 2011-2012 and election, new
officers will be installed after the Rayne Hamfest.
Refreshments - Maybe some door prizes...
*Possible Balloon Launch*
UL of Lafayette may attempt another Balloon Launch this Saturday
February 5 at 8:00 AM from the Lake Charles WX Station.  Touchdown will
be around the Donaldsonville, LA area........depends on WX conditions.
*Estate Sale*
Hi All,

If you recall my dad , W8CDA, suffered a stroke about a year ago.
Unfortunately, his recovery hasn't been very good and it's likely he
will be confined to an assisted care facility the rest of his life. My
mom is putting their house in Cincinnati up for sale. My mom would like
me to sell his ham equipment

Here is an inventory of what we have for sale. Add shipping to the price.

Icom IC756PRO 2    MINT Condition            $ 1300
Icom PS-125 Power supply                            $ 135
Icom IC-2100H 2 meter transceiver           $ 100
Yaesu FT101E + Mic                                          $ 200
Yaesu FT757GX                                                  $ 250
Astron RS-20M power supply                      $ 100
MFJ Versa Tuner III KW antenna tuner   $ 125
Icom IC2AT with extra batteries                 $ 50
Radio Shack PRO-2050 Scanner                   $ 75
Heil Proset Plus                                                  $ 100
MFJ 2 position antenna switch                    $ 15
MFJ-492 Voice Keyer                                      $ 50
MFJ 901B antenna tuner                               $ 50
MFJ 260C Dummy Load                                 $ 20
Drake W4 Watt Meter                                   $ 65
VibroFlex Paddle                                             $ 100  I
think it's the Iambic Deluxe . See http://vibroplex.com/IAMBIC.html