[AARA] Balloon Launch / Ham Gear for Sale

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Feb 4 17:19:56 CST 2011

Balloon Launch for Tomorrow - Saturday February 5, 2011
Greetings Everyone,

I just got off the phone with the Lake Charles Weather Station, and they
are saying our winds are looking great for a launch tomorrow. As are the
conditions for our plane to join in the recovery efforts out of New
Iberia. Our team is planning to meet in the CAPE Lab tomorrow morning
between 5:30 am and 6:00 am to begin preparing our vehicles for the day.
Around 6:30 am we will be calling the Lake Charles Weather Station for a
final update on the weather conditions, and using their data and our own
predictions based off the winds make a final decision to fly or not
tomorrow. Assuming we can fly tomorrow, Our Lake Charles Team will be
leaving the lab at 7:00 am, and should be ready to release the balloon
by 8:20 - 8:30 am. We will be sending out recovery teams around 8:00 am.
Currently we are predicting a landing in Moureaville, LA. This is
variable to change though.

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=31.1327798358211,-91.8187835927651&spn=1,1&hl=en

Anyone interested in joining us for the day in the lab are more then
welcome to join us. I will be sending out another email in the morning
once we've determined the final decision to fly.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Rizwan Merchant
Flight Director, CrawSat III