[AARA] AARA News/For Sale

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Feb 28 14:46:05 CST 2011

AARA March General Meeting - *PLEASE NOTE!*

The AARA March General Meeting will take place on _Saturday March 19th
at 7:00 PM_ at the Red Cross building, 101 N. Pat St., Scott, LA.  This
is the Saturday after the AARA Hamfest in Rayne, LA.  This will be our
annual "Hamfest Banquet", installation of new officers for 2011-2012,
drawing for handi-talki for club members attending the meeting last
year, hamfest report and a couple of other items. *No VE Testing.*
Members are asked to bring a covered dish, the club will furnish the
main entree and drinks.

I have not received the "LARC" newsletter for March from our newsletter
editor at this time but expect it soon and will post it on our website ASAP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE - Located in Morgan City

Fully assembled, will be down on the ground ready for pick up
Hy Gain EX-14 Explorer 14 Model #3955 Tri Bander
QK-710 Quad Band Kit for EX 14 - 40m add on
Belongs to the BEARS club, getting a smaller tri-bander
Open to any reasonable offer
Thank you,
Jackie
KA5LMZ
jelprice at gcbwifi.net <mailto:jelprice at gcbwifi.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule
*Friday, March 11*
0900 Dealer & Flea Market setup
0900 RV Park open
1200 Pick up Pre-registration packets
1700 -- 2000 Registration and Hamfest Opens to General Public
1800 Crawfish Boil -- Gumbo (for those who do not eat crawfish).
1900 Fais-Do-Do -- Roland K5EUO and other Texas Hams, will provide French
           music. Enjoy Dancing and Good Food!
*Saturday, March 12 (Forums)*
0900-1000 AMSAT
1000-1100 Louisiana Contest Club
1100-1230 ARRL with Micky Cox K5MC, Delta Division Director and Gary
Stratton K5GLS,
                     Louisiana Section Manager with the Louisiana LCARC
immediately
                     following.
*Saturday, March 12*
0700 Dealer & Flea Market setup
0700 RV Park Registration Open
0700 Registration Desk Open
0800 Hamfest re-opens to General Public
0830 Bingo by Weston, KB5WI
0830 DXCC, WAS and VUCC Card checking by Wayne, K5DF
0845 ARRL VE Testing -- by Danny K5ARH and Greg K5LFT
           (Bring copies of ID & CSCE / FCC License)
1100 Fox Hunt (Come and participate to learn who the best hunter is)
1300 Grand prize drawings
1400 Hamfest closes
*Refreshments by the Rayne Lions Club*
Friday Evening -- Crawfish and Gumbo
Saturday -- Coffee and an assortment of sandwiches and drinks
See our web site for latest information, and updates.
http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/
AARA Hamfest
P.O. Box 51174
Lafayette, LA 70505-1174