[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 17 16:56:59 CST 2011

Mr. Herman:
I am seeking (with haste) the following:

A whole computer or just the motherboard that has at *_least 2 (two) ISA
slots_*.
Please have any parties who may have something that fits the bill
contact me as shown below.

Thank you.

  Sincerely,

Paul D. Scallan, Jr., MCSA, SCP
*SCALLAN SOLUTIONS*
(337) 591-6630 (24 hour Mobile)
Paul at ScallanSolutions.Net <mailto:Paul at ScallanSolutions.Net>
www.scallansolutions.net <http://www.scallansolutions.net/>

whenever you send out a list.
Our club, BEARS, will be taking down our Hy-Gain Explorer 14, Model
EX-14 w/the Quad Band Kit, Model QK-710.  We will be installing a
smaller tri-bander.  The SWR is high on it now, and it is too much of a
problem to wait until the City Crew can bring a bucket truck over to
work on it for us.
So, when it does come down, it will be fully assembled and for sale and
we are open for offers.
For those who will be coming to the meeting this Saturday, it will give
you a good chance to actually see the antenna in place.  We have all the
paper work on the antenna, and parts are still available for it.
Thank you and 73
Jackie - KA5LMZ
jelprice at gcbwifi.net <mailto:jelprice at gcbwifi.net>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello AARA.  We're planning the annual pilgrimage to Dayton Hamvention.
Its May 20-22, we usually go up on Thursday and come back on Sunday.
Anyone interested in joining us as a group, please let me know asap, because
we'll be making room, flight and dinner reservations soon.

Charlie

KI5XP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  /***  Hammond Hamfest Prize Winners /***

*Grand Prize *

Icom IC-718 HF Transceiver

/Ralph Shaw K5CAV of Hammond LA/

*Second Prize*

Icom IC-208H Dual Band VHF/UHF Mobile Transceiver

/Thomas Miller AC5TM//of New Orleans LA/

*Third Prize*

Icom IC-V8000 2 Meter FM Mobile Transceiver

/Mary Scandurro of Ponchatoula LA/

*Fourth Prize*

Icom IC-V80Sport 2 Meter FM Handheld Transceiver

/George Donaldson of Abbeville LA/

*Fifth Prize*

N3FJP Amateur Radio Software Set /Patti Faurie KE5NG//of Ponchatoula LA/