[AARA] Wanted: ICOM OPC-500 (Detechable Faceplate/Mic Cable for ICOM IC-Z1A VHF/UHF HT)

Patrick Soileau ND5C patrick at nd5c.net
Sun Jun 19 21:08:50 CDT 2011

Greetings!

If anyone *ever* finds an OPC-500 for an ICOM IC-Z1A VHF/UHF HT,
I'd sure appreciate it if they'd let me know.

It's not a programming cable.  If you'll remember, that's the model that
ICOM made about 20 years ago which had a detachable faceplate.  You
would then use this cable to connect the faceplate to the radio, so now
you have a hand mike which has a display and controls!  very cool!

Here's a pic and some info:
          http://www.RigPix.com/ICOM/ICZ1A.htm

Thanks!

73,