[AARA] AARA News/For Sale-Wanted

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Mon Mar 28 22:10:30 CDT 2011

*BEARS Club in Morgan City, LA ....... VE Test Session*
Monday March 28, 2011

Congratulations to Bob Frangenberg KF5JEK, who as of tonight is now
ACTING EXTRA!!!
Tonight Bob took the Extra exam at the test session here in Morgan City,
missing a perfect score by only a few questions.

Also, Bob was presented a framed certificate congratulating him on his
first DX contact.
Ditto Everything Paul has said, EXCEPT, the certificate is an ARRL First
Contact Certificate which is issued  or initiated usually by the ham who
the new ham  had a QSO with.  In this case, Jackie, KA5LMZ, was
privileged to be the first HF contact made by Bob, KF5JEK.  Not everyone
gets the honor of being someone's first contact, so it was an honor to
be his first HF contact.  Then, he made his first DX contact after that
with a ham on one of the Caribbean Islands.

Bob is a fairly new ham that has brought a wealth of skills and
enthusiasm to the BEARS.
Again, Congratulations from all of us, Bob!

73,

Paul Coats - AE5JU
V.P.-BEARS
*For Sale:*

Ten-Tec 262G power supply, speaker, VOX.
PS and speaker work, did not test the VOX unit.
Fair cosmetics, AC plug was replaced.
$75.00

*Wanted:*

40 - 50 feet of Phillystran cable
Can pickup or deliver around Lafayette.

73,
Dave Redfearn
ARS N4ELM  Lafayette, LA

QRL? de N4ELM/qrp
n4elm at bellsouth.net

*Fiber Optics Splicing Class*

I am in the process of brining in an instructor to train and certify
people in fiber optics splicing.....I am looking for anyone who might be
interested in taking this course....Things are still in the planning
stage at this time....Don' t know when or where at this time, but, it
will be here in Lafayette.....The course will be in the $900.00
range...I am trying to take a survey on interest at this time....I do
have a certified instructor lined up to give the course....I would like
to have 5 or better participants but not more than 15.....Then I  may
have to require some type of deposit to lock in the instructor to come
here....He has to travel from out of state...I will be getting trained
myself, but would like to offer it to others if they would like to take
the course....I do not know how many days or hours the course is at this
time, but will be informed shortly....

If you can spread this around for me, it would be greatly appreciated....

If anyone wants more information details, they can e-mail me at
davidbienvenu at hotmail.com.... <mailto:davidbienvenu at hotmail.com....>

I do know that I need to confirm 5 people (besides me) to make this
work.....

David Bienvenu.....KC5DPL