[AARA] Mickey Cox K5MC Re-election for Delta Div. Director

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Sep 4 18:28:10 CDT 2011

To All Delta Division Hams,

HQ ARRL will be holding an election in about 30 days for the position of
Delta Division Director which carries a three-year appointment.  Mickey
Cox (K5MC) is the current Delta Division Director and has held the
position since January 2009.  He is now up for reelection.
Please take a few minutes to read Mickey's campaign statement which can
be found at www.k5mc.com <http://www.k5mc.com>.
<mailto:garystratton at cmaaccess.com>By the way, you can read the full
ARRL election announcement published at:
http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-members-nominate-candidates-for-director-vice-director-1

<http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-members-nominate-candidates-for-director-vice-director-1>
  K5MC is your elected representative to the ARRL Board of Directors.
Therefore, do not hesitate to contact Mickey personally at
mcoxk5mc at bellsouth.net <mailto:mcoxk5mc at bellsouth.net>.  He always
welcomes direct discussion with division members concerning all ham
radio related issues!

Thanks for your support.

    MICKEY D. COX, K5MC
    DELTA DIVISION DIRECTOR

        Background:

43 years enjoying ham radio - first licensed in 1968 as WN5VQE. Active
on 160 through 2 meters on CW, phone, and digital modes. Chief interests
are traffic handling, emergency communications, DXing, and contesting.
Operating awards include PSHR, BPL, 5BWAZ, 5BDXCC, 5BWAS, DXCC Honor
Roll, and DXCC Challenge. Life Member of ARRL and QCWA. Age is 56, just
celebrated 25th wedding anniversary, hold B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees
in electrical engineering, and currently serve as Professor of
Electrical Engineering at Louisiana Tech University.

        Service:

Serving as your Delta Division Director on the ARRL Board since January
2009 has certainly been the highlight of my ham "career" and the
experience has been both rewarding and challenging. My voting record has
always centered on those I serve - all 6,900+ members of the Delta
Division. My successful Board motions to create the Emergency
Communications Advisory Committee and the George Hart Distinguished
Service Award are just two examples of my proactive work as your
director. I've had great success utilizing the Delta Division Cabinet
(which includes the AR, LA, MS, and TN Section Managers, along with the
Contest, DX, Emergency Communications, and VHF/UHF Advisory Committee
reps, plus approximately ten Assistant Directors) to conduct monthly
teleconferences addressing those issues most important to the members.
For the past two years you the membership have participated in "annual
division surveys" to provide additional feedback on the items identified
as most important.

        Commitment:

Three years ago I pledged the following: 1) Attend as many hamfests and
club meetings as possible in each of the four Sections; 2) Respond to
all emails and other correspondence as soon as possible; 3) Promote a
membership-focused organization once again by truly listening to
members' concerns and sharing information on a timely basis. I have
faithfully pursued those goals and I promise each of you continued
dedication if you reelect me for a second term.

I ask for your vote and appreciate your support!

Thanks and 73,
Mickey Cox, K5MC
(318-397-1980); k5mc at arrl.net