[AARA] AARA News

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Wed Aug 15 21:37:40 CDT 2012

*ATTENTION:*

*                            Monday Night Simplex Net*

Next week's Monday Night Net , August 20th, will not be held on the 146.820 repeater at 7PM.  Instead, there will be a SIMPLEX Net held at that time.  The SIMPLEX Net will be held at 7PM on 147.420, in an effort to prep for Emergency Communications.  All check-ins are welcome.  Each check-in should state location, power level, antenna type and antenna height.  I, W5GTI will be net control, and will give a signal report, with the emphasis on using the minimum amount of power.

First round of the net will be taking check-ins, as I hear them or through relays and we can have several rounds thereafter for check-ins and rechecks with power adjustments.

This SIMPLEX net is only scheduled to occur on August 20th, and the standard AARA 2 Meter Net will resume the following week on August 27th.  We will use what we learn during the Simplex Net to determine future use of the Simplex Net.

Thanks,

Mark
W5GTI

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Louisiana Special Event Station*
*
*The Louisiana Special Event Station presented by the Acadiana Amateur
Radio Association, Inc.  will kick of Saturday September 8th at 8:00 AM
CDT.
until 8:00 PM CDT and Sunday September 9th 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM.
We will need volunteers to set up the tower trailer, antennas, AMOS,
radios, and any other equipment needed.  This event will take place at
the Tourist
Information Center on the Evangeline Thruway between Willow and the
railroad tracks.

If you would like to be a part of this event and help out, let Herman
KN5GRK know when you can be available and what you want to do.  I will have
some paper logs printed with a "cheat sheet" with all the QSL info and a
wording for calling CQ.

This could be the "*Special Event of the Year*" for the state of
Louisiana.  Please do your part to make it happen!  Check out our
website for details at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/k5lsa/
or page 91 in the September QST or
k5lsa @ qrz.com

If you would like to volunteer, contact
Herman Campbell KN5GRK
kn5grk at lusfiber.net

The Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA) will again help with
the "/*Tour Du Teche Canoe Race*/" on October 5 - 7, 2012.
This is a 135 mile race covering three days starting at Port Barre, LA
to Franklin, LA
Sandy KE5KJF is requesting volunteers to fill in the gaps.

Tour du Teche Website:

http://www.tourduteche.com/
Press Kit: (Showing all details)
http://www.tourduteche.com/images/Forms/PressKit2012.pdf
Maps:
http://www.tourduteche.com/index.php/fine-print/maps

*TOUR DU TECHE*

Co-Chairmen -- Larry LeBlanc KE5KJD

Sandy LeBlanc KE5KJF      asml at airmail.net

Nick Pugh K5QXJ

/*Volunteers are neededto help at the following locations:*/

/**/

On Saturday, October 6^th

We need someone to help Jess Gillion KF5LULat:

Park Sur la Teche, Franklin, La., 29 47 32N 91 29 58W

The shift starts with set up by 2:30 p.m. and last year the last boat
came in at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning.This shift needs to be split up.

On Sunday, October 7^th

We will need someone at the Red Light House, Atchafalaya River, Berwick,
La. from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until last boat on list arrives.

The awards ceremony is at 3 p.m. for the winners.

If someone would like to help, all volunteers are appreciated.

RSVP if you are interested and also send your T-shirt size.

If you would like to help out in filling these positions....contact
Sandy LeBlanc at:
asml at airmail.net