[AARA] Balloon Launch / Hammond Hamfest

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Fri Jun 1 13:17:22 CDT 2012

*CAPE Balloon Launch - May 2nd, 2012*

Hi All

Weather permitting the CAPE team will launch a balloon on June 2 at 0800
CST that will go to an altitude of approximately 100,000 ft. Our
prediction is that it will land in the Jennings ,LA area two hours after
launch. The call sign on the balloon is W5UL-11 on frequencies  of
144.390 MHz and 435.000 Mhz. There is a nice tracking map at url
http://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FW5UL-11&timerange=3600
<http://aprs.fi/#%21mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a%2FW5UL-11&timerange=3600>
that will show the balloon on a Google map . Details of the balloon can
be seen at url http://ulcape.org/

Thanks
nick
Office   337 593 8700
Cell      337 258 2527

*Helping UL become a world Class Engineering  and Educational School
*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*2013 Hammond Hamfest*

Everyone,
  The 2013 Hammond Hamfest is scheduled for Saturday, January 19, 2013.
We are excited to announce that we have moved the hamfest to a new
location for 2013. The new location is the Quality Inn & Conference
Center, 2000 S. Morrison Blvd. A map of the location can be found by
clicking here <http://goo.gl/maps/3E7q>.
  The hotel is offering a special room rate of $59.99 for anyone
mentioning the code: HAMFEST. This rate also includes a free breakfast
buffet. You must book your room via telephone only, not available
online. There are limited rooms available at this rate, so book early.
  Please forward this to any of your club members that may be interested
in attending our hamfest. A flyer can be downloaded from the club
website to print and distribute at your club meetings. Thanks for your time.

Scott Hernandez, KD5PCK
SELARC
www.selarc.org <http://www.selarc.org>

****