[AARA] AARA Sunday June 10 FD Bulletin

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Sun Jun 10 15:50:36 CDT 2012

This is part of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
Field Day Event.  More bulletins to follow.  This year our FD is more or
less geared on emergency communications.  We invite anyone, hams or
non-hams to visit our FD event as soon as the location is announced.

Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
AARA Field Day Chairperson
kf5fnp at cox.net <mailto:kf5fnp at cox.net>

THIS IS A DRILL

Sunday June 10^th .

TS Boudreaux strengthens overnight and is now a strong CAT 1 Hurricane.
Current sustained winds are 85mph with gusts to 100mph.Landfall is now
predicted to be between Corpus Christi and Beaumont, Tx. Some of the
models show a sharpturn to the North. Oil reaches $110.00 BBL

THIS IS A DRILL

<https://iqs3.solutions.lmit.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=quorum_vitter-iq&crop=19711.181254720.14145268.15095498&redirect=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vitter.senate.gov>

Dear Friend,

As all of us in Louisiana know, hurricane season begins today. It's
important that we all take the appropriate steps to ensure our families
are ready to face the challenges that may lie ahead, and to stay
informed and prepared. It's never too soon to start planning how you and
your family will react to an approaching storm.

Pre-season forecasts of this hurricane season predict nine to fifteen
named storms, of which four to eight are expected to become hurricanes,
including one to three major hurricanes.

We're all acutely aware of how dangerous and damaging these storms can
be. And we also know that making preparations early is the best way to
help ensure the safety of our families, since it's impossible to predict
when disaster will strike.

For those living in coastal and other vulnerable areas, the first step
you should take is to decide where you and your family will evacuate.
It's a good idea to have an out-of-state friend or family member serve
as a contact for your entire family. In the event that you and your
family become separated, this contact will give you a common point of
reference and a means to communicate with each other. Since cell phone
communication can be compromised during a storm, this contact is
essential to giving you the peace of mind that everyone is safe.

But preparation should not be limited to those in the most vulnerable
areas. If you do not live in the coastal regions, you may have family or
friends there. Consider inviting friends and family from the south into
your homes, since vacant hotel rooms are scarce during evacuations. Such
generosity is crucial to those that must evacuate on such short notice.

Remember that even homes in northern parts of Louisiana can be
vulnerable to damage. Tornadoes, widespread rains and flooding can
accompany hurricanes and often occur far from where the storm directly
hits. So if you live far from the coast, you should still be mindful of
these threats and can benefit from taking the necessary precautions to
protect your home.

The National Hurricane Center recommends that you take steps such as
creating a plan for your family, locating a safe room or the safest
areas in your home for each hurricane hazard, making a plan for your
pets, and taking first aid, CPR or disaster preparedness classes.

These are just a few of examples of how you can best prepare for the
hurricane season. Hurricanes are part of life every year in Louisiana,
but advance preparations can help reduce their impact on your family. I
urge you to take hurricane watches and warnings seriously. Please plan
ahead for your family's safety and encourage your neighbors to do the same.

Sincerely,

David Vitter Signature

David Vitter
United States Senator

P.S. Please visit my website to sign up
<https://iqs3.solutions.lmit.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=quorum_vitter-iq&crop=19711.181254720.14145268.15095498&redirect=http%3a%2f%2fwww.vitter.senate.gov%2fpublic%2findex.cfm%3fFuseAction%3dNewsletter.Signup>
for regular email updates from me on the issues important to Louisiana
families.

** To unsubscribe please visit my web site
<https://iqs3.solutions.lmit.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=quorum_vitter-iq&crop=19711.181254720.14145268.15095498&redirect=http%3a%2f%2fvitter.senate.gov%2fpublic%2findex.cfm%3fFuseAction%3dNewsletter.Unsubscribe>.
*/Please do not reply to this email. /*

For any other questions or concerns visit my Web site at:
www.vitter.senate.gov