[AARA] AARA Tuesday June 19th. FD Bulletin

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Jun 19 08:10:45 CDT 2012

This is part of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
Field Day Event. More bulletins to follow. This year our FD is more or
less geared on emergency communications. We invite anyone hams or
non-hams to visit our FD event as soon as the location is announced.

Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
AARA Field Day Chairperson
kf5fnp at cox.net

*THIS IS A DRILL *

Tuesday June 19th.

People start trying to move back into the affected areas, but are
stopped in Acadia and St. Landry Parishes. There is no fuel available
for the people to return to the shelters in North Louisiana and Texas,
so the Red Cross opens shelters in Acadia and St. Landry Parishes. AARA
is asked to provide a communications link between the newly opened
shelters and the HEALTH & WELFARE NET. After reports of looting in
downtown Lafayette, the LANG is sent in to assist Lafayette police and
Sheriff's officers. Damage is widespread. There is no cell phone, land
line, or internet service in the affected area. Request for federal
assistance has been made by the State of Louisiana, the reply from
Washington is " there will be no federal assistance arriving in
Louisiana until after hurricane BOHICA moves out of the area". It could
be 10 days to 2 weeks before help arrives. Conditions at area hospitals
worsen. The Backup generators at 2 of the area hospitals have failed.

NHC - Has upgraded BOHICA(Bend Over Here It Comes Again) to a CAT 3 and
still following the same path as Kaboudreaux. Conditions are favorable
for strengthen.

DHS -- SAR drone locates disaster evaluation team. Two medivac choppers
were sent to the accident site on I-49. Fortunately the 8 man team was
just a little banged up when the van they were riding in swerved into
the median and rolled over. Everyone but the driver was asleep at the
time. The driver said he swerved to miss a man heading North with a
chicken on each shoulder, in the purple raincoat with the pointy hat
made of duck tape on the horse with the gold socks. The driver is
currently restrained, drugged, and in the psych ward, the remainder of
the team is being redeployed.

Troy Landry offers reward for film crew. Oil reaches $260.00 BBL

*THIS IS A DRILL *