[AARA] AARA Friday June 22nd FD Bulletin

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Thu Jun 21 21:14:48 CDT 2012

This is part of the Acadiana Amateur Radio Association, Inc. (AARA)
Field Day Event. More bulletins to follow. This year our FD is more or
less geared on emergency communications. We invite anyone hams or
non-hams to visit our FD event as soon as the location is announced.
Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
AARA Field Day Chairperson
kf5fnp at cox.net

*THIS IS A DRILL *

Friday AM June 22nd.

NHC warns the while Hurricane BOHICA (Bend Over Here It Comes Again) has
been downgraded to a CAT 2 it is still a dangerous hurricane. Conditions
are favorable for strengthen and BOHICA's direction is uncertain at this
time.

LANG uses armed military conveys to transport supplies from the Wal-Mart
distribution center in Opelousas to the Red Cross shelters in Acadia and
St Landry Parishes. The Red Cross is still in desperate need of HAM
radio operators to set up a communication link from the newly opened
shelters in St Landry and Acadia Parishes. AARA members begin to
organize, AMOS and the club's antenna trailer are recovered from
storage. AARA members are planning to provide EMCOMM for the newly
opened shelters in Acadia and St. Landry Parishes. All ham repeaters,
cell phone, land line and internet service is down.

Troy Landry is seen being interview by Jeraldo in front of governor's
office. After the interview the governor orders the LANG and State
police to locate and transport the film crew to Troy's house before the
2 tree shakers break the lines.

Oil reaches $400.00 BBL

*THIS IS A DRILL *

Here are some possible difficulties we may need to overcome:
1) Divide our radio operators between two different sites.
2) Maintain a 24/7 radio link between these sites using both voice and
digital modes
3) Divide our radio gear between the sites
4) Construct wire antennas at one or both sites
5) Where do we get our power from? Generator, battery, solar ?