[AARA] AARA 52nd Hamfest in Rayne, LA

Herman Campbell kn5grk at lusfiber.net
Tue Mar 6 08:47:20 CST 2012

This will probably be the last e-mail sent out before the _*/AARA 52nd
Acadiana Hamfest/*_ takes place this weekend.  Our Club
has put a lot of effort into making this one of our best ever.  We hope
to meet our Ham Radio Friends & Guests and have a
"Good Ole Time".

Check out our websites at:
http://www.w5ddl.org/hamfest/
http://www.w5ddl.org/clubsite/

*2012 AARA HAMFEST VENDORS*
      Palmetto Antennas  <http://www.palmettoantennas.com>
      Regal-Brown  <http://www.regalbrown.com>
      The Sign Man of Baton Rouge  <http://www.thesignman.com>
      Austin Amateur Radio Supply  <http://www.aaradio.com>
      Gifts 4 Hams / Plaques  <http://www.gifts4hams.com>
      JMR Sales  <http://www.jmrsales.net>
      MCM-COMPUTERS  <http://www.manta.com/c/mmf3yw9/mcm-computers>  - Livingston, LA - Hebert McMorris WA5VPX - (225)698-3064 -hrmac at eatel.net

      You might want to visit these websites to make arrangements with them to have merchandise
      you might want them to bring to the AARA Hamfest.....may save you some shipping.
      *Support our vendors, if they do well in sales, they will be back!*

*Tables:*
    Rick Breaux N5RLM is the table manager.  At the present time, all
tables have been sold!
    If you have any questions on tables you can contact Rick at:
n5rlm at w5ddl.org
*RV Parking:*
    Ed Roy WA5TNK will be at the hamfest site Thursday evening to handle
RV reservations or
    you may contact him via e-mail at:  ecroy at edroy.com 337-233-3816*
Security:*
    The City of Rayne will have security from 7:00 PM Friday evening
until 7:00 AM Saturday morning.
*Music:*
     Norman Helms K5SAC, will manage the Texas Ham Playboys on Friday,
March 9, 2012 for the Fais DoDo.
     The lineup will be:  Roland, K5EUO on guitar and vocals, Bubba (not
a ham) on the fiddle and vocals,
     Larry, KE5RQ on drums, and Norman, K5SAC on the accordion and will
manage the Texas Ham
     Playboys and he says: "The Rayne Hamfest, Community coffee, chicken
gumbo, crawfish, ham radio,
     and Cajun music all under the same roof -- just like being in Heaven"!
*Update:*
     Some of the officials that will appear at the AARA Hamfest in
Rayne, LA on March 10, 2012
           David Norris K5UZ, ARRL Delta Division Director
           Mark Spencer WA8SME, ARRL Education and Technology Program
Coordinator
           Jim Coleman AI5B, New ARRL Louisiana Section Manager
           Roger Farbe N5NXL, New ARRL Louisiana Section Emergency
Coordinator
           Gary Stratton K5GLS, Delta Division Assistant Director

Mark Spencer WA8SME - ARRL Education and Technology Program Coordinator
will
do a talk and demonstration on "Robotics" at 5:00 pm Friday for local
teacher and
students.

     Herman Campbell KN5GRK                        Glen Thibodeaux KF5FNP
     AARA President                                            AARA
Assistant Chairperson
     AARA Hamfest Chairperson